My mom shook her head, disagreeing with me. "No Blaze, the person who is doing this is in the wrong. Yes, what you did is not something I am proud to say my daughter has done but you have moved on from it and corrected yourself which is the best thing you could have done."

"I just worry. I just... I worry about Luke." I confessed, not meeting her eyes.

"Do you love him?" She asked, her hand reaching towards mine, grazing over it.

"Yes, I think I've had since I've been sixteen. And I know that you might say he's hurt me and I won't lie and say he hasn't. What I will say is that I have had so many people I cared about that have hurt me in unimaginable ways but I still forgave them."

"Love is a very messy emotion." She commented.

"I know- it- I. It's just his world is so different from mine and there is never a right time to try to figure us out and it hurts."

"Blaze, if you feel a strong connection there is no point in fighting it. You will never find a right time because love isn't meant to make you comfortable, love is a constant challenge that defeats the people who wait."

Her words were alarming because they describe what Luke and I always used to do when we were teenagers; wait. And now as I take in what she just said I'm starting to question what we ever really did wait for. What if it was just fear? We always pushed the truth with one another because we were afraid of hurting each other but what if it was the waiting that did the most damage?

"I see it in you baby, you know what's best."

And that was the last of the guidance my mother could give me as my father walked into the kitchen with open arms and excitement that radiated.

----

The stars were captivating as they illuminated the dark blue that created the night sky. All the blurred out colors worked well together, forming a neat scenery. As I sat on the edge of my bed, staring out my window I wished my emotions would copy outside and work together to create one neat solution to all my problems. With the twist in my stomach, I knew that want was impossible because my head pounded with every event I overanalyzed. I tried to distract myself by sorting through the old clothes I left behind but even that little project failed to do any good as my feelings were now influenced by old memories these articles of clothing held.

My body shook when a small knock happened behind me, tilting my head I was greeted with a cerulean eyed boy shivering as he waved at me. I opened the window, supporting his arms as he pulled his legs through. He wobbled a little, using my shoulders to gain his balance.

"Old habits seem to never leave, huh?" Luke half smiled, standing still.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I sat down on my couch. "You always used to come here for a reason, so I will assume there is one?"

Luke positioned his body next to mine. "I don't know, I just wanted to see you. And I'll admit, I kind of missed doing that."

I laughed lightly and so did he. "Nice reason."

"So how are you feeling, are you nervous about tomorrow?" He asked me, his eyes peering to the old photos posted on my wall.

"A little but I'm just trying to deny that this is all real."

His hand brushed against mine, the small touch creating such a sensation.

"I won't let them hurt you." He swore, his sapphire eyes gazing into mine. "No matter what happens, I won't let them hurt you."

"You make it seem like you rule the whole world." I scoffed, looking away.

"I'm just saying, if anyone bothers you they'll have to deal with me."

I smiled my attention moving back to him. "Well thanks."

He leaned closer to my face. "Anything for you, remember that."

I nodded my head. "Of course Hemmings."

"I don't mean to be corny or anything, but this lighting really does make you beautiful."

"Are you saying I wasn't beautiful before this moment?" I pretended to gasp as I swatted his arm.

Luke chuckled. "No, no! You're beautiful all the time, any lighting, any place, and any emotion that shows itself."

"Are you flirting with me?"

"What can I say Winters, the old Luke never fails to show itself when I'm with you."

---

whoa whoa whoa luke wut r u doing????

anyways sorry for not updating in 77 years i've had bad writers block

but gtg louis is possibly a dad and my chill is gone