chapter three

Luke;

The most dangerous thing to me was not drowning myself with alcohol and then driving down a hectic rode but it was dreaming. Dreams create this beautiful illusion that twist your emotions and ignites a small spark of optimism in your bones. For the moments that your mind is in that trance, you have no control over anything that you see. Although it is relaxing to be placed in an alternative universe where everything went your way and no struggles were tied around your feet, it's unbearable to witness how things could have been if certain steps weren't taken. So when your eyes abruptly open to the chillness of the dark and the truth greets you, the agony seeps back into your heart.

My head leaned against the window which was warm from the humid winds that whirled around outside. My swollen eyes closed, the only noise filling the car was the low melody leaving the radio that was monitored by my anxious manager. My mind transported me to the images that rolled through the dream I had last night that had me wide-awake drenched with sweat and tears for the rest of the night. The dream didn't even seem like it was fake which was the part that petrified me the most. Her voice sounded so real, her skin felt so smooth except when her lips pressed against mine I tasted nothing.

"How far are we?" My voice was hoarse, my throat tender from the scene I caused earlier.

"A good five minutes." Scarlett, the one who was accountable for our exterior responded with a genuine smile. "Are you feeling better Lukey?"

Was I feeling better? The pain wasn't knotted that tight in my chest like it was a few hours ago when reality woke me up. Though there was a sensation of uneasiness that was deep in my heart and that to me was different. I would like to consider it was because I would meet over two hundred fans today and the fatigue that was on my shoulders wouldn't allow me to be the best I could for them. Or maybe it was because my dream wouldn't vanish like the usual ones.

I opened my eyes and nodded. "I'm good, really."

Her light pink curls rested over her shoulders, her eyes that seemed like the brown you perceived on a dirt road looked into mine. "Are you eager to do this?"

I shrugged, acting as if I thought about her question for a second. "Yeah, this should be fun. Are the boys there already?"

"They got there about twenty minutes ago, they claim that the crowd is pretty large-" She noticed my expression and patted my knee. "We already have three of their finest men creating a barrier so you can't be touch."

Breathing felt a little easier, her soft tone and reassuring words were prized. "How long ti-"

Shrieks and bursts of blinding lights overpowered my groggy voice as the car pulled up to the curb. The doors unlocked before I was given directions, which didn't benefit the chaotic situation. My hand slid over to my pocket, making sure my phone was there before my head moved up to Scarlett.

"Luke do me a favor. Take three deep breaths right now and when you get in there I don't care what you see, you are ordered to take three deep breaths before you say anything." She stated with finality.

Her sentence was hard to digest since she never talked with that type of manner but I had to overview it the second my feet touched the concrete. A wave of shouts crashed over me and on cue a smile stretched out my lips and my hands rouse up to wave towards directions I heard my name. The distance between the metal bars and I made me feel comfortable even if my eyes were abused by the amount of flickers from shaky cameras held by desperate men.

One of my usual guards welcomed me when I made it to the two, heavy glass doors, his pea green eyes scanned my face before he opened pushed them open. I sauntered into the store, my attention scattered along the astonishing pieces of artwork that brightened up the rather large space. My legs brought me forward even if my head wasn't facing it. I thought I was fine, till I clashed into a body a lot smaller than my own.

"Jesus, I'm sorry. I wa- Blaze?"

It was Blaze, but it wasn't my Blaze.

A colorful striped dress outlined her curvy figure. She stood up straight and no longer did she slouch with anger clear in her posture. The unruly curls that used to be light like caramel were now a murkier shade, almost like coal and was neatly placed together. The skin that exposed itself was no longer pale and beaten but healthy with color. A dark color didn't circle her eyes anymore, the perfectly shaded blue shined without any distractions. And overall, she looked happy and I didn't know how to take that.

"Mr. Hemmings, are you alright?" Her voice was slightly above a whisper and I noticed a light shade of red take over her cheeks.

These three fucking deep breaths weren't helping.

--

sorry this took me so long ive been having writers block for three days so lol this is probably really bad

im so ready for this book to really start omg

goals;

200 reads, at least 15 comments and 35 votes

q.o.t,d

how do you feel about calum smoking

okie so i love calum and everything and he can do whatever he pleases but i worry for my baby and i have not been a fan of this 2015 cal and lukey phase :///

bubyeee