The look on the boy's face teased up in shock. He  now realized that the  moment he attacked.
Kyo not only dodged, but let out an immensely accurate  counter-attack.

Most importantly, he realized that if Kyo was serious, he likely wouldn't be alive in this conversation...
The tone of contepemt had now completely disappear from the boy's voice.

"...So now I've miscalculated you twice.You are better than I thought."

"I'm glad you can see that now."

Kyo rolled his neck and smiled.

" Then, I guess it's my turn! "

"Wait!"

The moment before Kyo started to close the gap,the boy tossed Kyo an object.

"...?"

A confused look its way across Kyo's face. A white envelope bearing a red seal with the letter " R " pressed into it...
This object was familiar to him.

"Why do you have this?"

"We wanted to make sure you showed up,so we came to handed you this invitation personally....But of course, it seems like this was an unnecessary precaution. "

With that, mushroom-haired youth and his silent partner backed away.

"I gave you the invitation, Kyo Kusanagi. The guy you're looking for will most likely be there. ...We'll see how you do."

" You just shut up."

As the two disappeared into the darkness, Kyo stared at the invitation. He didn't need to break the seal; he knew what was written inside. Kyo stuffed the envelope in his knapsack and smiled.

"Well, as long as it'll get me fired up. I'm gonna to beat that punk to a pulp."

____________________________________________________________________

While he waited for the light, Benimaru start up a conversation with Kyo.

"So are going to visit Shingo at the hospital? "

"There's no need for that."

" How about Chizuru? I heard Yagami visited her."

" There's definitely no need for that."

Kyo stifled a yawn after he bluntly ended the conversation. Just an hour before, Benimaru and Daimon were reunited with Kyo Kusanagi at the airport. For better or for worse, he was the same as before: standoffish and childish.

He left the country to train, but it seems that the only thing that he improve was his physique.

Benimaru made a eye contact with Goro Daimon through the back mirror and shot him a knowing smile.

"...What?"

Kyo shot Benimaru a cold glace from the side.

"What do you mean 'What?'"

" You just laughed, didn't you? "

" No I didn't."

"...Hmph. "

As Kyo reclined the passenger seat back, he gazed out the window.

"...Hey Daimon. "

" What about your job? "

"I am always a judoka. You don't have to worry about me. "

As Benimaru stepped on the accelerator, he chimed in.

" Goro is here taking a break from his teaching duties, intil the tournament is over. "

" Hmmm. So I guess you can't loose, for the sake of students' reputations."

" Of course I won't. ...It's the same for you right? None of us can accept being defeated here."

"...Yeah. "

Greeny zoomed by in a blur Kyo's veiw. Kyo smiled weakly.

"...Hey, Benimaru, Daimon. "

" What? "

"It's a bit late to be asking, but are sure?"

" About what? "

" About entering this tournament, I don't think holding it, but the guys pulling the strings are those punks."

Those From the Distant Land--
Benimaru and Daimon had both have encountered the group in the previous tournaments. They are quite aware of this group's capabilities. Neither Benimaru nor Daimon so much as flinched,

"Well, I figured as much. " Benimaru said as he smiled coolly.

" The stonger they are, the more fun the fight will have. "

With his huge arms folded, Daimon gave a big smile.

"...It WAS a bit late, wasn't it? "

''Hrm, late it is. "

" Shut up. "

Kyo closed his eyes and sulked.

____________________________________________________________________

When the young man returned to his homeland, the northern hemisphere was definitely in the heart of summer.
The summer was warming up their spirits.
The same friends, the same summer, and maybe that man will be...

That was all it took to start Kyo's fire burning.