Chapter 23: Endearment

This one's for you haskis <3 :D

Remember I said I won't update, I updated again..sorry XD

This chapter contains free cheese balls. -gives cheese balls-

-Bigby's POV-

What does she mean by throwing up? Wait, what? My anger and sadness quickly melted.

I dropped the pile of paperwork at the floor as I stared at her, my eyes widened. I picked up her scent that is telling me how petrified she is, her gaze on the floor.

"Do you mean...what happened after Remembrance Day left you carrying our own?" I inquired, hoping that what she meant is what I am thinking of.

"Positive." She spoke, her voice stuttering.

The response made me the happiest man in the world.Though, her expression was anxious and unsure.

I gleamed over the remark and I didn't waste any time to walk towards her.

She looked at me with confusion as I cupped her soft cheeks, and brushed my lips to hers. Our lips connected.

-End of POV-

Snow was taken aback, but she fell for the kiss, like a spell. She wrapped her arms around his neck, returning the action.

Their lips synced as though it is only meant for the two of them. Their actions speak for how much they longed for one another.

He gently pulled away as she panted to catch her breath. He lowered himself down, aligned to Snow's flat stomach, but sooner, it will show a bump as the months will pass by. He gently caressed it.

"Swineheart told me that it's one week old." She smiled, though, still unsure on what lies on the future between them.

"We made this beautiful creation, Snow. We're gonna take care of it. We will love and protect it." Bigby beamed, planting a kiss on her stomach. He stood up and placed his hands above her waist.

"What are we going to do Bigby?" Snow asked worriedly.

The query made Bigby smirk as he thought of something.

"Leave it to me Snow. The only thing you need to do is to rest and it's best for him, too." Bigby spoke.

"What do you mean him? Don't you think it could be a female as well? Anyways, we'll figure it out in a couple of months." She replied.

"Alright then, I'll take you to your apartment. I can't afford you to work and especially when you are pregnant." Bigby ordered as he scooped under her legs and carried her in one swift move. Snow is elated that he is happy about the news when she didn't know how he will react to.

His expression marked an unforgettable memory in her mind.

-Snow's POV-

My worries and doubts vanished when I saw how happy he was. No matter how hard the road is, we always find a way back to each other. I felt something that I can't really explain, it's just that I never felt anything like this before.

I never thought I would find the one I was meant to be with for the rest of my existence.

Coming from a broken marriage, I always figured that I will be alone that's why I forced myself to become independent, to convince myself that I don't need one and that it's better to be alone. But now, I realized that a person is born into this universe as a half and it is up to us to find our other halves so we can exist as a whole.

He made me feel whole.

"Bigby, don't you ever get tired? You've been carrying me since we got out of the underground. I feel like I'm a burden." I wondered, how can he even manage to still carry me as if I am a feather.

"Because, I can and if this is what it takes, then I am more than willing to do anything for you. Is that a good reason?" He smirked at me and planted a kiss on my forehead.

Bigby walked towards the door and left the Business Office. He carried me to the dim lit hallway as he sauntered towards the stairs. I can't help but to smile at him, this was not a bad news after all. I guess I was just surprised when Swineheart announced it to me.

We reached the floor for my apartment and he opened the door for my apartment. I remember that this will be his first time to visit my own, which is completely different from his.

"You're apartment is real fancy." Bigby complimented as his eyes scanned all over the expensive furnishings. I laughed at his reaction.

"I worked hard for it." I simply replied.

"Does that mean I'm not working hard enough?" He chuckled as he walked to my bedroom, gently laying me down on my queen sized bed.

My head rested on the plush pillow and I looked at him. I gestured him to lay down beside me, and he raised his eyebrow.

"Come on." I spoke as he finally obeyed, lying down on the other side of the bed. He relaxed as he finally laid on an actual bed. His head turned to face me.

"Don't you think we should take a break?" He asked. I thought of the question and my mind is weighing all of the pros and cons of it. Who will be in charge of Fabletown then?

"What about the fables? Who will look after the Business Office?" I asked. As much as I want to take a break, I can't leave my responsibility as the deputy mayor.

"Well, King Cole is back so why can't he do it or just hire someone else. Don't worry, I will write a consent letter." Bigby smiled as I nodded my head in agreement.

"If we're going on a break, what will we do then?" I wondered.

"What about a date? An official one since we never got to do that except for Remembrance Day." That's true, we never had one and I never thought of him being the type of person to ask me those kind of things.

"I don't like the usual ones, what about going for a hike?" My suggestion left him astonished.

"Wow, I thought you're the one who is classy and such. If that is what my snowflake is asking for, then sure." He said, standing up.

"Where are you going?"

"Just rest, it's gonna be a big day tomorrow." He smiled, before leaving my room.

--
SNDKASJDNASKDSDNSJDNASJKNDASJNDASJKDNKSAND

-My mind right now.