Chapter 14- The End

2 and a half years later

He left. My second year of sixth form I didn't have Mr Danvers. I had an old man called Mr Jones. He was a lovely man but his teachings could never be compared to Hunter's. I'm not only saying that because Hunter was the love of my life. He was also the best teacher I have ever had.

In a way I didn't mind that he left, without a goodbye or a kiss or  a hug, because I was able to build myself up and try to move on. But deep down I knew you could only try so hard to fix a broken heart, especially after the instant attraction between hunter and I.

When I walked into his classroom on the day I broke it off, he was sat at his desk with his head hung in his hands. He looked too distracted to mark the essays in front of him. I couldn't help but allow my heart to shatter at the sight of him.

 As I entered his head whipped up and he had a confused expression on his handsome face. He already knew something was wrong, very wrong. The way I had been acting during his lesson had given it away. Maybe the guilty look on my face also hinted to something wrong. 

He didn't stand up, he didn't move. I walked in front of his desk and took one of his hands, I reminded myself that I couldn't be selfish and I couldn't ruin his life. He deserved this job and he worked hard to get it, I couldn't and wouldn't ruin that for him.

I told him I loved him and that this was it. The end. I told him I couldn't do it anymore and that I needed to carry on focusing on my school work. They were all lies, each word I spoke was a lie. Hunter was silent, his jaw was clenched, as though he was holding back tears. 

After a while, I decided I couldn't stay in the same room anymore. I said a brusque good bye and then left.

I loved him so much that when I got home I broke down and cried my heart out. I cried that I had broken his heart. I cried that I had lost the one person I loved. I cried because I was selfish and that I will never see him again.

After two years I was finally able to put him in the back of my mind. I wasn't able to forget him. Nobody forgets their true love.

People may argue that he was my first boyfriend so I would feel this strongly about him. But whether he was my first, second or third. He was my true love and as cheesy as it is, he was, he is my soul mate.

But even though he was my true love and soul mate, it didn't mean it would work out between us and after two years I was able to accept that and move on with my life.

After a while it was hard to remember his face, we never took any photos because if someone was to see them they'd have suspicions and we couldn't risk suspicions. Not if the consequences were years in prison.

I will always remember his laugh, his voice, his touch. It was hard not to. 

Tammie questioned continuously when she found out Hunter quit sixth form and didn't come to any family meals. I didn't know what to say so I shrugged and told her 'how would I know?' Soon enough she gave up, which I was grateful for. 

Even now I wouldn't risk revealing the truth to my parents or anyone besides Georgie. I was happy and what happened in the past will stay in the past and in the back of my mind, even if he popped up in my dreams from time to time. 

                                                                                                        ~*~

"Aubrey! Get your ass down here. Jay is waiting. I'm waiting" I groaned I still had my make up to do. After a whole year of being at University and having to go out every Saturday you'd think I'd mastered the timing it took to get ready, but nope it must run in our family.

"I'm coming." I said rushing my make up and slipping my shoes on quickly.

"Finally!" Kelly exasperated as I jogged down the stairs unsteadily in my heels.

"Jay!" I squealed. I wasn't able to see him throughout the week as he's had extra lessons at lunch so we were not able to meet up with him.

"Hey babe." I gave him a quick kiss and grabbed my clutch bag.

"Okay love birds, can we go?" Kelly asked. I laughed and Jay rolled his eyes. Jay took my hand in his and lead me out the door towards the cab.

We decided to go out into the next town over, as the pubs and clubs in this town are getting that boring and old that they started calling us 'the regulars.

Jay and I settled on the stools at the bar and chatted, while Kelly went to 'bust some moves' as she put it. I mean I wasn't saying she couldn't move because she could, being a street dancer helped a lot.

Jay talked to me about his week and how boring the extra lessons were. Jay and I met in the first week of University. When I found out I was sharing a room with Kelly she introduced me to her friends, Jay was one of them.

From then on we started messaging each other, which turned to going out to places to officially being in a relationship. It hasn't been very long, so really I didn't know a lot about him. But he was sweet to me, even if a little possessive.

My mind was brought back to reality when Jay asked me what drink I wanted. I told him 'a vodka and coke', I wanted to go easy tonight, I've had a enough of hangovers. Jay walked around a few people to get to a free barman. I sat alone at the bar, occasionally glancing around the pub, it was crawling with people from all ages. 

"Can I have two Martini's please?" A familiar voice piped up beside me, a voice that I haven't heard in two years. I gulped and slowly turned to the side.

Hunter was stood in all his glory wearing a black suit with Miss Sailer draped over his arm.

"Hunter?" I blurted out. He whipped his head towards me. His expression was hard to read. A tear threatened to slip, but I held his gaze. His eyes searched my face as though he was making sure I was real. I did the same, a small smile found there way to my lips.

"Aubrey." He whispered with a short surprised laugh. 

Maybe the past was always destined to catch up with us at some point. My past decided to creep up on me tonight and how was I supposed to hide? I didn't have any reason to hide anymore.  I have finished school, Hunter is no longer my teacher and Miss Sailor wasn't a threat to me anymore. 

I had nothing to lose. I could be with Hunter.