Chapter 3

"It's a small world, huh?" Georgie announced. I nodded at her. "Yup, Mr Danvers is somewhat my Sisters step-brother in-law, kind of, maybe, did that make sense?" I asked with a frown. Georgie giggled and shook her head, I shrugged my shoulders.

"So when do you have History?" Georgie asked, we were both at our lockers, her was a few rows down from mine.

"Now." I replied solemnly. Georgie grinned. "Good luck." She put both her thumbs up and walked away. I grabbed my History and Math book.

"Georgie! Wait for me to walk to Maths." I called out to her, she turned around and gave a wave of acknowledgment, I sighed, she probably won't but it was worth a try.

"As we have only just started with World War II, I thought we could pair up and gather as much information as you can and present it to the class next week." Mr Danvers suggested, a few hum's and nod's were seen and heard, none enthusiastic. Everyone dreaded presenting something in front of the whole class, but because it was Mr Danvers they all had to agree.

"Right okay, I'm going to let you choose your partners, but be sensible about it." Letting people choose their own partners is not the best idea, considering they won't do any work until last minute, and no doubt it'll be crap.

I raised my hand. "Mr Danvers, Jen's off sick and doesn't know when she'll be back so can I work on my own for now?" I asked. Mr Danvers nodded. "Yeah that'll be fine, if she's back in time have something ready for her to present as well." I nodded and got to work planning.

"Miss Fall?" Mr Danvers called out. I looked up and noticed the class had gone already. I hurriedly packed my things away. "Sorry I wasn't watching the time." 

He nodded and smiled. "It's fine, It's only just gone, but I'd hurry if your next teacher is strict."

"Oh, no I have Miss Sailor, she seems alright." I reassured.

"Oh you have Miss Sailor?" He asked, interested. "Is she a good teacher?" He questioned, I nodded to both his questions, trying to ignore the fact that he's interested in Miss Sailor.

"Yeah, but I best be going." I gave him a small wave and walked out his class quickly. I shouldn't be surprised, Miss Sailor is a beautiful woman and his age, so why wouldn't he be interested?

"Nice of you to join us Aubrey." Miss Sailor said sarcastically.

"Sorry Miss, I was with Mr Danvers, asking about the project he just set." I apologised, when she heard his name she smiled. "Mr Danvers? I must have a word with him for holding up my students." She laughed, but I didn't find what she was saying funny. In fact I didn't want her to have a word with him, I didn't want her to look at him.

I gave her a tight smile and walked to my seat.

~*~

"Dan and I are going out tonight with his parents and our parents so could you take care of Lana for me?" I nodded, bouncing Lana up and down on my knee whilst Tammie put some earrings in.

"Yeah, what films does she like?" I asked, "The little mermaid and Beauty and the Beast." Tammie answered. "Do we still have them?" I asked curiously, I was sure we got rid of all our childhood videos and toys.

"Yeah they're in that box." Tammie pointed to a small card board box that had the words 'Videos' on in black marker. I nodded. Of course they would be in Tammie's room.

"Do I look okay?" Tammie asked spinning around. I grinned and nodded, "Beautiful. Now go before your late." I laughed and Tammie shook her head chuckling.