5: Feeling Free.

2 weeks later

Harry's POV

We ended up going the zoo/aquarium that had recently been built. Claudia told me that she loved animals and getting in touch with nature. I found that quite fascinating to say the least. Most girls are worried about breaking a nail or messing up  their hair. She's not like that though. She's different, her own carefree person.

We were leant up against the wood post just gazing at the leopards when she started talking. 

"So, have you had any more run ins with your gang?" she asks me me casually. I know what she's doing. She's trying to trick me with one of those "I'll be pissed at you if you're wrong" questions.

"No, of course not," I say, trying to be coy about the situation. I heard her sigh and watched as she walked away. I caught hold of her wrist. She tried to jerk away, but I was much stronger than her. 

"What's wrong?" I ask her. She took a few deep breaths before looking at me cautiously.

"You're lying to me. You went and met up with them a few nights ago," she told me coldly, her eyes sparkling with defiance.

I rubbed the bridge of my nose with my fingers and asked, "How do you know I went with them?"

"You said you had work. It was late and I was getting worried about you so I called up here and they said you weren't scheduled to work," she told me, looking peeved.

"Fine," I huffed out. "I met up with them, but we didn't do anything. I swear. We just raided Benji's flat." I looked away feeling guilty and ashamed that I lied to her.

"I knew it. You could have just told me the truth instead of thinking I would never find out," she sneered at me, yanking her arm out of my grasp and storming off. Great what have I done?

Claudia's POV

"I knew it. You could have just told me the truth instead of thinking I would never find out," I spat at him, yanking my arm from him. I stormed of in the opposite direction. You might think I'm mad mad at him, but honestly, I'm just overwhelmingly sad. I wanted to help him. He promised me that he wouldn't affiliate himself with gangs anymore. I was about to turn the corner when strong hands grabbed my arms.

"Claudia, please just let me explain!" he said, sounding exasperated. I spun around sharply ], gesturing for him to continue. He gently grabbed my hand and led me to the deserted bear exhibit. I looked out at the bears while he started talking.

"It's gonna be a while before I get out Claud. I go to the meetings and some other things, but I don't really paticipate anymore. I promised you that I would get out and I'm gonna keep that promise. I swear," he told me. I looked at him, my eyes glazing over with sorrow.

"What if something happens to you before you get out? You can't guarantee you'll be 100 percent safe. I know that you like taking chances, but sometimes those chances are too slim to take." 

He didn;t answer and I knew I was right. But he is also. It's going to be difficult for him to get out and now that they know who I am, we have to be cautious and try to stay under the radar. I took his hand in mine and rubbed my thumb soothingly over his knuckles, a gesture of comfort. He smiled at me and led me away. I never thought in a million years that I would be falling for a badass gang leader.

Harry's POV