Part 3 - A Twist in Time - Chapter Forty-One: Mawtini

Chapter Forty-One

Mawtini

Adrian

Troy kept staring at the Saif, or the future one at least. The one from my time period. His eyes were glued to it for a long time, then he shifted them to me, expression unreadable. It was obvious that he was not happy, for I had kept my mouth shut at the fact that I was the one who wielded the Saif.

"How exactly is it that you have this sword?!" his tone was a little gruff.

Great, now I was really regretting that I revealed the Saif to him. It had been an impulse on my part. "Look, I can't..."

"OK!" he shouted, which totally put me on a very fine edge. "Don't give me the whole I can't because the future will be altered..." he stopped right there, before he said anything else that was potentially going to be nasty. He was gritting his teeth hard, jaw tense. I could tell he was really angry at me. Now, I was the one who had screwed up badly, and in the process, the future.

"Troy, I'm sorry..."

"Look, you've kept enough already as it is. You've had this weapon the entire time, a weapon that can help us defeat this evil, and yet you didn't say anything?! What else have you kept from us?! FROM ME?!" he yelled, this time louder.

Troy kept going on and on about me keeping secrets, which had was a little ironic, but the truth of the matter was that if I could not access my Saif powers, then the sword was essentially useless against Evren. I kept listening to Troy going on and on about how I had royally messed up, and how it was that I could have been so selfish.

"TROY, WOULD YOU JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN?!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, my throat getting scratchy. I started coughing. He was silent, and didn't say anything at all for a long time. He grabbed a bottle of water and handed it to me. I drank, to sooth my throat.

"Just take deep breaths, you'll be fine."

"I'm fine now."

"Look, I'm sorry..."

"Troy!" I interrupted. "The reason I didn't say anything about me having the Saif is because yeah, I was afraid of possibly altering the future. But I didn't keep it from you and everyone else because I was keeping crucial secrets. It's because..." I hesitated. Now, I had to tell him everything, how I was the Green Saif Ranger in the future. "I'm the Green Saif Ranger in the future. I'm the wielder of the Saif."

"In the future?" he wanted confirmation.

"Yes!" I confirmed. I got up and took another deep breath. "When I stepped into that time ripple and came here to the past, I lost my powers. It's why I've been morphing into the White Mystic Nazar Ranger. I guess because here in the past my powers technically don't exist, and present 'me' technically is the wielder of this time period, and only one of us can wield that power in a single time period. So I have no access to my powers. And this version of the Saif, is also just as powerless. So it won't have any effect on Evren."

Troy didn't say anything. He was just silent. For sure he was feeling bad for how he just treated me. Sure enough, all the secrets that I had kept from him were driving him insane, much the same as they had me. Still, I guess in a sense, I got a taste of my own medicine. I sure did not like how Troy just grilled me, and sure enough I knew he didn't like it when I was being defiant with him when he told me nonstop for embrace the ranger in me. This ride to the past was for sure a real rollercoaster of serious emotions and things unsaid.