Chapter 1: SC Duties

Third Person POV

It was the first day of the new academic year.

Sephy walked towards the student council office and exhaled, feeling the cold rush of the air conditioner hit her face.

Nayuki was sitting in her desk on her computer and was the first to notice her.

"Morning, Seph!"

"Mornin'." She greeted back with a polite grin.

Strut, laying on the sofa, only waved to her, not wanting to wake Blazely who was sleeping on his chest.

"Where's Awsome? He's not here yet?" Sephy questioned.

Just then, Awsome slammed open the door with an excited expression on his face. He was panting heavily, suggesting he ran all the way to the office.

His usually styled blonde hair with purple higlights was drooping slightly from his sweat and the force of his mini marathon. Blazely twitched and almost woke up and Strut frowned a little, upset that Blazely was disturbed.

Awsome only gave him the "sorry, bro" look and went to his desk. "Guess what? Nifty said yes to being my girlfriend!" He grinned widened and Sephy and Nayuki smiled at each other.

Their plan to get Nifty and Awsome together worked. Of course, it's just a day in the life of the OTP Duo.

"Congrats," Strut sighed and stroked Blazely's flame colored hair, "Now it's only Sephy in the single zone."

She groaned and rolled her eyes and activated her ghetto accent, "Psssh, I don't need no man. I'm an independent woman who don't need no man. And what about Nayu?"

"I... already have a boyfriend." She nervously admitted, "He's Samurkai. Sorry I haven't told you yet, sis.."

Sephy feigned sadness and murmured, "I guess I really am alone."

Just then, the class president entered the office, "Have you guys finished the new student reports?"

"Fresh~" Sephy handed him a pack of papers with a dramatic flourish.

"You know," Awsome started, "Why do WE have to do that when it's usually the school administration that does it or something like that? We're just student council, we answer stuff and do elections.. at least, that's what I've just been doing..."

"Yeah but you already know our principal is a lazy douche and the school admin's hella lousy, or that's what new girl Jenna says." The class president ran a hand through his hair and pushed his glasses up.

New girl, huh. So the new students are starting to become popular just a few minutes of being here, interesting, Sephy thought, I wonder how they do it.. thank god I can't do it, being in the center of attention is so...

Her train of thoughts abruptly came to a stop as she shivered and exhaled, watching the class president exit with the papers in hand.

The office was silent and everyone continued their work except Strut and Blazely because they were still on the couch.

[TIMESKIP TO THIRTY MINUTES LATER]

The recess bell rang, and in just a matter of seconds, streams of students bursted out from class doors. The once peaceful halls were filled with students and noise.

Awsome was first to exit, followed by Nayuki, Strut and Blazely. Sephy slipped her wallet in her uniform pocket and headed to the canteen.

Outside the office, the sun glared at her and she hissed under her breath, shielding her eyes. So bright.. She couldn't see anything but there was something in the brightness among the crowd.

A figure.

What the..??

The figure seemed to smile faintly and disappeared. A small wind blew and Sephy swore she heard the wind whisper something.

Wake up, heiress.