Chapter 6: Where The Mighty Fire Demon Awakens

I awoke the next morning in much better condition than yesterday, and without any bruises too. Everything was just as quiet as I packed my things and ate the rest of my food for that morning.

"Helloooooo..?" I whispered to the ...house, and walked closer to catch a better view. Rust covered much, but there was shiny iron hidden. I shouldered my pack into my other shoulder and walked around to the...back? I have no idea anymore. There's a front door, like the kind you would see anywhere else, but it was connected to the house and stuck out.

"Ah," I sighed. "YOLO." I grasped the handle of the adoor, and turned the knob.

Polished wood floors unkept, papers crammed where they could fit onto one large table in such a small room. I stepped further inside while grimacing at the monster of a sink. Um, is the water supposed to be purple?

"Yeesh." I commented at the mice scurrying by with their meals. Curtains and chairs were lined with a century of dust, and dust bunnies made families on the horribly kept floor.

Oh god. OCD NIGHTMARE.

I decided to turn my attention to the open fireplace where a low fire burned into hot white coals. I shrugged off my overcoat, and placed it delicately on a chair before taking a heavy log in my hands and tossing it onto the fire. Ah. Much better. It was kinda getting cold, but as I warmed up, I began to make at least a small path through the mess to the stairs, bathroom, and around the hearth. All the papers; I began to sift through while placing the ones that seemed to have the same topic together.

I have no idea what an- EW! FROG LEGS IN A FRIGGIN STEW!?!?

"I'm gonna be sick." I groaned before giving up on the cleaning and sitting down in the chair. The fire crackled under my bored gaze? And for a second, I could swear a head of fire moved this way and that behind the log. I looked a bit closer yet the fire moved away from my presence.

"I must be going crazy." I murmured to myself and placed my arm over my eyes as I tried to calm myself. It had been a long month. And still no way of returning home.

"Really? How?"

"Well, not only did I enter a different flipping world, but I'm sitting in a impossible house of an impossible wizard, and now I believe I saw the fire moved like a head." I murmured.

"Yeesh. Sorry about the bad time."

"Than-"

......wait.

I snapped my head up, and there was the fire; with orange flames for eyes as well as a crease of yellow for a mouth. I stared at it for awhile, my emotions locked. The fire thing shook its head as the log underneath its arm crackled.

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FU@&!?!? SATAN!?" I yelled/asked as I toppled out of my chair. I screamed Satan a couple of more times edited coming to the conclusion that this was NOT him at all. The fire let a puff of smoke escape its mouth angrily as he looked at me.

"Human! I am Calcifer! The Mighty Fire Demon!" He announced after a moment of pause. "And what business do you have with Howl?" I blinked; and stood up from the floor as I explained my predicament. Oh great, let's tell about what happened the last month to a freaking fire! I know I'm a bit crazy, but I don't wanna go to a mental institute. Though, I had to admit that his patience was outstandingly great as I told my tale. He nodded his head, like a regular human, and clung to the log as if it were his precious.

"Well then, it seems you met Howl's greatest enemy." Calcifer concluded while munching on some burnt jerky I had given him.

"What do you mean? Salazar?" I asked, and he nodded.