Chapter 7

Mia shows me everything; the dressing rooms, the cubicle bathrooms, the rusty bookshelf and last but not least my shared room.

I don't want to stay here long, but I have no choice.
Dreams of finishing highschool and studying somewhere far away from here just sank away.

At the moment I am zipping some girl's dress, she got chosen by some old guy for his filthy old son.
I figured out her name was Katerina.
She is beautiful, she's got those brown eyes that you would get lost in just by taking a glance at them, a smile that would throw anybody off the hook, a face with freckles, so light and pure.
How did the bitchy Jane think I could out do that.

I am nothing but a 16 year old virgin.
Have I got experience?
Yes alot.
That experience consists of horrible dates down at the pizza place, where it all ends at my porch with a light kiss.
Definitely not the experience I need for this job.
If you can even call it that.

I leave her hair down and she thanks me with a nod. I tried to seem polite, but really, how do they accept doing such shit.

It is just something unbelievable.

"Oh sorry." I bump into some girl who is wearing a strapless see-through dress.
I hold her shoulder, her head is lowered and I can't see her face.
She looks up at me, and I see a ghost.
She is 16 her name is Cara and I have no idea how I should react.
She threw her hair back and it was obvious she didn't recognize me.

She was my best friend in middle school, we were so close and inseparable, until one day she went lost. Her family were looking for her in all the neighborhood, the police went crazy looking for her for months. Well, until they found a burned body in the middle of the street, in some close town with her necklace and assumed it was her.

"Cara?!" I whisper shout, she silences me and looks around making sure nobody heard me. "Where did you hear that?" She takes me to a corner and whispers, her eyes wide and her face already turning red with anger.

"I thought you died!" I no longer whisper.
Ok my life is messed up but I ain't turning pretty little liars.
She crosses her arm and sighs.
She scans me from head to toe.
"How the hell do you know my name anyways?" She says with boredom lacing her voice, she is trying to act as if she doesn't give a shit.
Ha! She doesn't remember me, I really meant nothing to this fucking bitch!

"Stop looking at me this way." I glare back at her.

She snorts and nods.
"We got a pretty tough new one don't we?"
I roll my eyes,
"Faith? Doesnt that ring a bell?" itching to see the surprised look on her face.
She holds my arm and glares.
"What do you know?!" Oh really now?
C'mon I didn't change that much.
"You probably should stop zoning out and answer my questions!"
Oh feisty.

"That's my name Faith." She loosens her grip, quite a strong grip she has.
"Oh god no! Stop shitting me girl!" She shakes her head in disbelief and walks away, and I need an explanation now!

I pull her back into the corner, she got answers, I need mine.
I spent months mourning and missing her, i was so naive!
"I answered your questions, now answer mine." I say with a strong voice, not accepting no for an answer. Her eyes narrow.
"You really are Faith?" I nod, this girl is not the best friend I remember having.
"What's my real mother's name, 'Faith'" she air quotes my name.
Easy answer, she told me everything.
"Eveline."
I grin at her, knowing my answer is right.

Her eyes widen. "Faith? What are you doing here?"
I think this question should be for her!
Is that why she ran away?
This business ain't fun girl.