t h i r t e e n

-

/The night before Christmas/

Michael watched the blonde struggle to put on the the tree decorations, chewing his lips feeling guilty of what he's doing. He shrugged it off standing up to help Luke out, whatever he doesn't know won't hurt him right?

Luke felt Michael's arms wrap around his waist, he smiled turning to give him a quick kiss before going back to decorating. Luke was so happy the older boy was there, but he knew this wouldn't last as long as it would.

-

/Christmas/

Luke tossed and turned in bed not wanting to wake up, after he finally found a comfortable position to sleep in his eyes shot open. He sat up looking over to Michael's side of the bedー there was a small note, Luke scooted to his lover's side picking up the piece of paper with the familiar messy handwriting.

Went to work, I'll be back :) - M

The blonde smiled at the note, he bit his lips thinking about what he's gonna do since it's already 2 pm. He hurried out of the bed, almost falling on his face, and rushed to the bathroom doing the usual boring routine.

Luke slid his feet into his favorite purple(with glitters) slipper, he walked into the kitchen thinking of everything he knew how to make.

-

The blonde lit the last candle before stepping back to admire the dinner he made, a big smile on his lips. His heart was running a marathon as he stood there, he heard his phone ringing from the couch. Luke saw it was Michael, he looked at the time it read 6 pm. He answered the phone playing with the hem of his shirt.

"Hey, babe?"

"Yea?"

"I can't make it tonight, I need to finish a lot of work."

"I- ..Oh."

"I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you tomorrow okay?"

"..okay."

"Bye."

Michael hung up before Luke could say anything else.

"Love you too.."

-

Luke walked through the crowded streets filled with cheerful lights, the reason he's outside wasn't because he felt lonelyー the power went out and he hated being in the dark. He scrunched his nose feeling a snowflake land at the tip, it started getting a bit too cold so he decided to get something warm to drink.

After grabbing his order, he kept walking until he stopped in his tracks. Luke didn't know what to feel at the moment, he just tugged down his beanie to cover his eyes that were threatening to spill unwanted tears. But he couldn't help himself from watching, the minute he lost it was when he saw that kiss under the mistletoe.

He swore he heard his heart break into two feeling the warm lonely tear roll down his cold cheek.

-

Luke closed the door of the apartment, he noticed the power came back. He stood in front of the dinning table that looked exactly the same as he left it, glancing at the Christmas tree placed in the living room. The blonde poured some wine for himself, his hand was shaking as he brought the glass to his chapped-parted lips.

He chugged down the drink in one go before smashing the wineglass to the floor, he pushed the plates filled with food and pastries. The sound of everything break right before his eyes related to the sound of his heart breaking right in front of Michael, he took off his coat; scarf and beanie.

After kicking and smashing everything on that damn table, Luke sat in the corner of the living room. His fingers tracing the rim of the new wineglass he got, his legs pulled to his chest quietening his sobs.

I don't ever ask you where you've been/and I don't feel the need to know who you're with.

He tugged on his hair wanting to get the fact he's not wanted anymore to his thick skull.

I can't even think straight but I can tell that you were just with her/and I'll still be a fool.

Luke tried to catch his breath, it felt like the air was getting knocked out of his lungs every time he let out a cry.

Just a little bit of your heart is all I want.

He started cleaning up the mess he made not wanting any trouble the next morning, his eyes looked lifelessー such an ugly shade of purple.

I don't ever tell you how I really feel/cause I can't find the words to say what I mean.

After he calmed down, he closed all the lights around the place before going to bed. Luke laid in the middle of the bed curled up in a fetal position, the pillow that smelt like Michael's hair dye and string cologne was wet from all the tears the blonde cried.

I know I'm not your only but at least I'm one/I heard a little love is better than none.