Chapter 6

The next morning, Cullen wakes me with a smile, a twinkle in his hazel eyes. "Samira," he mumbles, kissing my cheek.

"Good morning," I yawn.

"I've arranged it so that you spend the day with me. Vera has left some new clothes for you. We'll bathe, eat, and then we'll get to work," he explains. He stands up first, allowing me to admire him in all his naked glory. I study him, taking in the sight of the man before me. His ivory skin, touched by the morning sun, is littered with scars. 'A warrior. What did he fight to get those scars?' I wonder. I crawl out of bed, standing beside him. A chill runs down my spine when my fingers trace the scars littering his chest.

"A red lion gave me those. When I go on the next hunt, I will bring a pelt back for you," he says, turning to face me. His fingers graze my cheek. The rough callouses on his fingertips scratch at my skin, and I am breathless. 'I want his hands all over me.'

A knock at the door catches our attention and we pull away from each other. Cullen reaches down and hands me a robe. The red hide envelopes me in heat, the soft fur bristling against me. "That robe is made from a red lion's hide. It looks good on you. I'll bring you a red lion, and I'll have the pelt made into a robe that actually fits you," he says. He pulls on a different robe and answers the door.

In comes a blushing maid, no more than sixteen. She carries in the tray, head down, bows, then scurries away. The scent of druffalo meat and freshly baked bread invades my nostrils. My mouth waters at the smell of breakfast. Cullen chuckles when he sees me, then turns back to the food. "You must be starving," he muses, cutting some druffalo meat and holding it out to me. "I can guarantee that lunch will be better. My siblings will be joining us, as well as a hunter and the Thane of Stone-Bear Hold."

"I didn't know you had siblings," I reply after finishing my meat.

"Three. A brother and two sisters. You'll get to meet them today," he replies. Cullen finished cutting the meat, and we dine in silence. The lack of noise leaves me uneasy; in Skyhold, every meal was noisy, from my companions or the visiting dignitaries. This silence is my reminder that I'm no longer in Skyhold. Cullen wraps his left arm around me and kisses my cheek, his lips cool and soft against my skin.

After breakfast, Cullen leads me to his personal bathhouse, dismissing all of the servants inside. I allow the red lion robes to sink to the floor before stepping into the warm water, Cullen following my actions. He crawls in after, pulling me onto his lap. "You know, I said that we couldn't be intimate again for awhile. I'm regretting those words," he mumbles, starting to wash my hair.

"As much as I would like to, I think your servants are listening. You may have dismissed them, but with everything that's happened, they are probably just outside the door, ears pressed to it, listening for anything and everything," I reply. Cullen hums in agreement, his voice soft in my ear. His fingers gently run through my hair, scraping against my scalp. My locks curl in his hands.

"I didn't know your hair was curly," he muses with a smile.

"I failed to mention it. Usually I just straighten it," I reply, relishing the feeling of his fingers massaging the conditioner into my scalp.

"Well, don't straighten it today," he responds, rinsing out my hair. He helps me wash my body, and I was his. The scent of elderflower and musk fills my nose as I watch the water drip from Cullen's bare chest.

He smiled softly and leans in, kissing me. My cheeks heat up, and I eagerly kiss back. The door slams open loudly, the wood crashing against the stone wall. "Cullen!" A female voice calls, making me pull away. The voice isn't Floria's, but the thought that it could be another afoka woman, an accomplice of Floria, leaves me shaking.

When I look up, I notice that this woman definitely isn't from the afoka. In fact, she bears some resemblance to Cullen. "You have meetings all day, you can't lounge around in a tub for hours!" She exclaims.

"Samira, this is my sister Mia. Mia, this is Samira," he says, rubbing his eyes with a groan. When Mia comes closer, her brown boots hitting the stone floors, I really see the likeness between the two; her hair is the same tawny color as Cullen's, long and curling. And her eyes are a lighter shade of hazel. Mia, with her heart shaped face and voluptuous curves, she's beautiful.

"So, you're the girl I've been hearing about. The words of the servants do you no justice," she says, grinning at me. And before I can reply, two more people barge in.

"Mia! The hunter came!" One exclaims, while the other shouts "Cullen! The Thane of Stone-Bear Hold is here! Hurry up!" Both stop when they see Cullen and I still in the tub.

A man and a woman, both echoing Mia and Cullen in appearance. "More siblings, My Lord?" I inquire, covering my chest with my hands. The man eyes me up with a smirk, making Cullen glare at him.

"Samira, these two are Rosalie and Branson. Hopefully we don't get interrupted by any more-"

"My Lord, the Thane of Stone-Bear Hold has arrived. Shall we have him wait in the antechamber?" Asks Krem as he waltzes in.

Cullen groans and rests his elbow on the side of the tub, a scowl marring his handsome face. "Let Thane Stormbringer wait in the antechamber, and tell him that we will be out momentarily. Now please, give us a moment to get dressed," he grumbles.

Everyone files out of the room, but Branson pops his head back in, his blond curls bouncing. "Cullen?"

"Yes Branson?"

"The servants really didn't do her any justice; she's gorgeous, and her tits look fantastic!" He declares, prompting Cullen to jump out and chase his brother.