Escape

Gumball's pov
I unhook the lock and crawl out onto the platform. I unscrew the jar, my powers flooding through my veins. I grab a gun from the desk, fill it with bullets and shoot the window. I hear footsteps behind me. I roll forwards, a bullet flying over me. I fire at the man three times, angry. He is going to kill me if he can. I run past the school, bleeding heavily in my right arm. I shoot at another person who has started to follow me too. It's Darwin, and I aim to the left. I somehow end up running around our house. I've been running for hours now, yet no one has given up the chase yet. I turn around and duck under the bullet that has been lodged in the wall behind me. I fire a shot into his leg, grab his shirt and fire 5 bullets into his chest. Without thinking, I teleport to the living room. I collapse on the ground of blood loss and exhaustion. (I wish I could cut off but time skip)

~~~
Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep. I wake and register that someone is near me. I scream and jump back as I open my eye. "Gumball." I hear.
"No. Stay away from me!" I yell.
"I don't care. We just want you back." Darwin says.
"I don't care. If you know what I did-"
"WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID!" Darwin yells.
"Then why would you save me? Then why wouldn't you make me pay?" I ask.
"Because. You're part of our family. No matter what."
I can't take it. I teleport to the window and am about to fly out when I feel a strong force pulling me down. "You're a Waterson. And nothing will change that." Mom says.

~~~~1 year~~~~
Darwin's pov
Every day I wake up, drawing a deep breath and thinking, he won't leave today. He can't. And at night relieved that he'll stay for one more day. It's currently the weekends and I've grown a slight fear of bins. One time I was asked to throw out the trash and had a mini breakdown. "Gumball. Gumball." I say, shaking his shoulder. He sits straight up.
"FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSHHHHHHH" He yells. "Nah I'm tired."
"But today..." I say, with a dramatic pause. ".................... THAT NEW GAME IS COMING OUT!" I yell in his face.
"YEESSSS!" He yells back. We have a mini party.
We arrive at the game store, and there is a hundred people there. "How are we going to get it now?" I ask, frustrated.
"Hold my hand." He says, smiling. I close my eyes and when I open them, we're tenth.

~~~~
"HAHAHAHA I BEAT YOU AGAIN!" Gumball yells. I smile. This hasn't happened in a hell of a long time. I missed him so much and he's back.

~~~
Gumball's pov.
As I stroll through the corridors, I see Darwin getting picked on. I walk up behind the group and tap someone on the shoulder. I teleport infront of Darwin as he turns around again. I grab Darwin's arm and heal him. I let my eyes open and punch the kids in the face. I teleport away again. I stare into Darwin's eyes. "Don't ever. Do that again." I whisper. I hug him and sigh. I wish I hadn't run away. I wish everything was fine.

~~~
"Why did you do it!" He yells.
"Because," I whisper. "I can't stop myself."
"Why would you." He says, softer. "You're my brother. Just tell me."
"Because I did something wrong, Darwin. And I have to let it out." I whisper.
"But I can't bear to see you hurt. Especially because of yourself. Why would you cut?"
I hang my head low. "I just do."
"If you keep cutting, I'll start to."
"NONONONONONO! Fine, I'll stop. Just don't cut OK?" I yell, knocking the blade out of his hands. I can't bear to think of him cutting. I curl up into a ball on my bed. Why did he have to know?