Chapter 4

Everybody wants to go to Heaven

But nobody wants to die

I can fear death no longer

I've died a thousand times

Chapter 4

Faith's POV

"You know a couple of months ago, I would never picture us cleaning a kitchen in hell," Hazel said wryly while she swept the floor with a broom and I wipe the kitchen counters clean.

"Me neither," I reply. "I really hate cleaning too."

"You're not the only one."

"Enough chit-chat," Some annoying slave commanded, "Keep working."

Here we were right now trying to be normal maids and cleaning a kitchen. I guess I'd have to get used to this for the next couple of thousands of years.

I could sense Hazel roll her eyes. "Sorry, but you're not the one who are supposed to give us commands. That's our master's duties. You're only here to watch us so we don't do anything."

After some pointless arguments between Hazel and the other maid girl, I tuned out and thought about how things were back at Earth now. I thought about how my family and friends were doing. I really wasn't the type to socialize with my family when I move out but thinking about them right now makes me want to cry. So being the girl I am, I started crying. A tear or two just came down, that's it.

I didn't want anybody to see me cry though. I don't want anyone to ask me questions.

"Faith," I hear Hazel say after a while, "Are you alright? You've been pretty quiet."

"Yeah," I say back trying to sound like my normal self, "I'm fine. I was just zoning out."

"Alright," She sounded like she wasn't convinced but didn't press on it.

I continued to wipe the grime and dirt off the counter and soon, my tears were dried off. That still didn't stop the aches in my chest though.

"Where is she?" I heard a familiar guy's voice say. "Where's Faith?" I turned to look at the guy. "Faith, come with me for a minute or two."

"Why?" I ask.

"Just please... Come here."

"Fine," I say. The girl who Hazel was arguing with shot me glares. I decided to ignore it since I wasn't in the mood for it.

I put my cleaning utensils down and followed him out. Right now, I was in a maids dress and I'm pretty sure I looked like a retard in it. I followed him from behind and looked at the decorations. It was a castle hall that was huge, luxurious, and really fancy. I was too caught up in staring at the decorations that I didn't know when Luke stopped walked and I bumped into his muscled back.

I made an "oof" sound. "You alright?" Luke asks and turns around to face me.

I nodded at him, "Your back is just hard and I just got caught off in surprise when I collided into it."

"No, not that. I meant are you alright emotionally?"

How did he know? I eyed him like I didn't know what he was talking about. "What makes you thinking I'm not?"

His eyes showed concern in them. "Don't lie to me Faith. I'm your master and our bond is already complete. I can feel everything you feel."

"Oh..."

"That means I felt that ache in your chest and I knew that you were crying. I just want to see if you were alright."

There's really no point in lying to him. I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. I hated to talk about my feelings to others except to Hazel. "I'm fine. I'm just thinking about family, that's all."