Chapter 2

"Won't you make some room in your bed?

Well you could lock me up in your heart,

And throw away the key.

Won't you take me out of my head?"

Chapter 2

Faith’s POV

I fought back the tears that are threatening to spill. “Hazel,” I said through the phone, “I need you.” Usually, I wouldn’t even try to act so desperate and weak to anybody but she was an exception.

“What’s wrong, Faith?” She says back worryingly, “I’ll be there soon.”

“Hurry,” I reply. I paced back and forth in my room just to keep myself from breaking down. I needed a distraction.

Then, I felt my phone vibrate. I froze. Please don’t be him. Please don’t be him. Please don’t be him. I looked at the collar ID.

It’s him.

I gulped and wondered if I should pick up. Obviously, you shouldn’t dumbass! My conscience echoed through my mind. You shouldn’t talk to people who hurt you. It’s going to end up badly.

I agreed with my conscience but my body disagreed. My stupid thumb pressed answer and I let out a low “Hello.”

“Hey Faith,” I heard my ex say sounding unusually sober. If somebody were to be standing right in front of me now, they could’ve easily told that I was about to cry. “I’ve been calling you forever. I miss you.”

“Oh,” Was my brilliant response. I couldn’t form the words to speak right now.

“I’m sorry, Faith,” He says, “I’m so sorry. Please come back to me. You know I love you.” He waited for me to reply but I didn’t say anything. I’m afraid my mouth would betray me and forgive him if I talk. When he knew I wasn’t going to reply he continued to speak in a soft voice he would always use on me when I was upset. For some reason, it always soothed me. “Do you remember our first date? I set up a picnic in the woods and we ate the food I made for you. Then, we gazed at the stars and you told me that you loved me and I said it back. We were best friend ever since 7th grade and I slowly fell in love with you. Hazel, Eric, you, and-“

“Stop,” I cut him off after I heard that disgusting pig’s name, “You very well know that Eric wasn’t a really nice guy. So, why are you including him in this?”

“Because we were once so happy,” Justin says.

“Yeah we were,” I say while I felt more confident with talking to my ex, “Before you did that.

He sighs, “Please baby that was a mistake. Give me another chance.”

“No,” I raised my voice. “I’ve forgiven you four times for fucking cheating on me with those whores! This is the fifth time and I’m through with you!” The tears started coming down when I start yelling. There was some silence followed after my outburst.

“Are you jealous baby?” He finally says. I could hear the smirk in his voice. I felt anger go through my veins.

“Fuck you Justin,” I say lowly and hung up on him. After Hazel’s ex-boyfriend, Eric, changed and got arrested, Justin hasn’t been the same. Hazel was just glad that he’s gone now but I could tell that Justin silently loathed her since Eric was Justin’s best friend. Justin always thought it was Hazel’s fault when he got arrested. Because I defend her all the time, Justin apparently started to lose feelings. He keeps ‘apologizing’ to me whenever I catch him cheating and asks me to come back.