13. Moving On

It had been a week since I had left Denis.

It was the most difficult week of my life.

I woke up early that morning to head to the studio. Danny lived in my town, so I could live at my house while recording, which was nice for me because I was busy packing my things so I could move in with Denis.

When I reached the studio Danny hugged me, smiling.

"Good morning mate. You ready to finish this?" He chuckled.

I nodded. We were recording the last track on my EP, it would be released next month and then hopefully I would be back in the studio to sign an official contract with Danny.

"Can we be done by three? I have to finish up packing." Danny nodded.

"Of course."

I checked my phone.

No word from Denis.

He usually responded to my texts quickly, but this morning he hadn't responded to any of my messages.

Something was weird.

I sighed, pulling the headphones on, beginning to work on the track.

We finished up and I exited the studio, heading home.

I checked my phone once again to see a text from Denis.

'Skype call. 30 minutes.'

I smiled. I loved Skype with Denis because I could actually see him and the guys.

I quickly made myself look a bit less awful, pulling on one of Denis's flannels that he had given me.

I clicked the call button and he immediately answered.

"Hey." I smiled.

He just stared. His eyes were bloodshot, he was pale, and he had stubble all over his chin.

"What's up?" I asked, concerned.

"This is what's up." He pulled out his phone and opened Twitter, pulling up Danny's Twitter page.

At the top there was a picture of two people kissing.

He clicked it and held it up.

"What the fuck is this Nova." He glared.

I stared at it until I realized what it was.

It was a photo of me and Danny kissing from two years ago.

"Denis I know what it looks like, but that wasn't-"

"Save it Nova. I don't want to hear about it. You're a whore. Never contact me again." He spat.

"Denis! I swear-" He hit the end call button and immediately went offline.

I tried calling his cellphone.

Straight to voicemail.

Ben.

I picked up my phone and dialed Ben.

He picked up on the first ring.

"What the fuck do you want?" He snapped.

"Ben I can explain."

"I don't want to hear it. You sided with Danny. That's the end of it." Ben said.

"Ben you are my best friend. Please listen." I pleaded.

"Save it. You hurt Denis, but you also hurt us. I thought we meant more to you." He sighed, hanging up.

I began to sob.