Chapter Two: Beating

Start from the beginning

            "Whatever."

            "What "unfair" method?" Miranda asked, now leaning on her hands in interest.

            "He got really close to me and started talking in this voice that gave me cold chills." I took a bite of a french-fry.

            Miranda's eyes widened and her smile creeped me out, "You mean he turned you on?"

            I choked on my Pepsi, "What the hell?! No! That is not what I meant."

            "Yes it is." Matt said.

            "Come on, D! It's obvious. I bet you haven't stopped fantasizing about kissing him, have you?"

            "He's my teacher for God's sake!"

            Miranda smirked, "You are so in denial, but that's okay because I will just have to make you realize it."

            I shook my head, "It won't happen so don't even bother."

            "It's a bet." She stood up, dumped her tray and left.

            I shook my head, "Sometimes Matt, she scares me."

            He chuckled, "But even you can't deny that she's usually never wrong when it comes to this stuff."

            "Shut up. I don't need you on her side too."

            He raised his hands up in defense, "Just saying the truth, babe."

            "Grr. Whatever."

            The bell rang and we left the lunchroom, "Are you going to the Library?"

            I nodded, "I still have to do that story for my Creative Writing class, so I'm going to work on it till then."

            "I still think it isn't fair that you get a free block." He said.

            "It's only because the Seniors are out on a field trip and my Trig teacher went with them."

            "Right. It's amazing that you can pass Trig, but you can't pass History."

            I rolled my eyes, "I'm sorry you're not as smart as me."

            He laughed, "I'll see you after school."

            "Maybe." I shouted after him.

            He waved to show that he heard me and continued down the hall.

            I smiled and headed in the double doors.

••••••••

            I love Miranda, don't get me wrong, but thanks to that stupid 'kissing' image she put in my head, all I've been thinking about is Mr. Carter and his enchanting eyes. It's pissing me off! Who has so much self-confidence that they think just by talking they can get something out of someone?! Like I would fall for stupid things like that.

            Sitting in Creative Writing now, it was pretty dumb that I didn't just tell him. It would've got Tiffany and her skank robots off my back, right?

            I mentally shook my head. No. It definitely wouldn't have matter at all. That stupid woman probably would've slept with the principal just to get out of it. Or her dad would fire the principal. Whichever works, I guess.