Race Away

Belladonna's P.O.V.:-

I am right now in the Great Hall. Sirius, Professor Snape and I signed the Ministry papers, and Sirius is now free of all charges. Pamphlets of Sirius as a mass murderer and most wanted Deatheater, have been removed, the same pamphlets are there, only without the picture and name of Padfoot. It has Pettigrew's name and face on it. And I am so relishing it. Pettigrew will not know what the bloody Morgana's hell hit him and it will be one less follower for Voldemort in the long fucking run.
I sat along with Harry in my pants and Gryffindor sleeveless tank top, silver pumps, voodoo earrings and a Gryffindor cap, sipping my pumpkin juice from my Gryffindor crest travel mug. We were enjoying ourselves over last night events, discussing how Padfoot is an animagus like his dad, and filthy Pettigrew, how Professor Lupin is a werewolf, and how I am the youngest animagus ever.

"Seriously! I should have known you are a tigress. I mean your middle name is Tigritsarminerva. Part of the name is Tigritsa, which Hermione tells is tigress in Russian language. And with your favourite animal as a tiger, it was sure coming." Harry said. Hermione and Ron joined us as we went to the Black lake. Harry told me about his stag patronus, how he thought it was his dad, but it was actually him. How his patronus had galloped on the Black Lake. At the lake, I lazed around feeling rather tired, especially after my encounter with Mortev last night. I closed my eyes, absorbing the warm rays of the sun, when it went dark. I looked up to see it was Hagrid.

"Know I shouldn' feel happy, after wha' happened las' night," he said. "I mean, Pettigrew being proved guilty and escapin' again, an' everythin' — but guess what?"

"What?" we said, pretending to look curious.

"Beaky! He escaped! He's free! Bin celebratin' all night!"

"That's wonderful!" said Hermione, giving Ron a reproving look because he looked as though he was close to laughing.

"Yeah . . . can't've tied him up properly," said Hagrid, gazing happily out over the grounds. "I was worried this mornin', mind . . . thought he mighta met Professor Lupin on the grounds, but Lupin says he never ate anythin' las' night. . . ."

"What?" said Harry and I quickly.

"Blimey, haven' yeh heard?" said Hagrid, his smile fading a little. He lowered his voice, even though there was nobody in sight. "Er — Snape told all the Slytherins this mornin'. . . . Thought everyone'd know by now . . . Professor Lupin's a werewolf, see. An' he was loose on the grounds las' night. . . . He's packin' now, o' course."

"He's packing?" said Harry, alarmed. "Why?"

"Leavin', isn' he?" said Hagrid, looking surprised that Harry had to ask.

"Resigned firs' thing this mornin'. Says he can't risk it happenin' again." Harry and I scrambled to our feet.

"I'm going to see him," he said to Ron and Hermione.

"But if he's resigned —"

"— doesn't sound like there's anything we can do —" I said. "So keep your mouth shut prude, while I accompany Harry for a lovely conversation with our teacher suffering from his furry little problem."