04

// Beyond Appearances //

FOUR

GAVIN CARTER

"Gavin!" Eric waved as he caught me from his sight as I got out of the changing rooms.

"Hey guys. How's things?" I said in immediate response which they shrugged in reply.

We walked our way to the lockers when Andrea suddenly mentioned a hangout over this weekend, "I can't."

If Andrea was shocked, she doesn't show it.

I shrugged and checked my phone, "I'm sorry, I seriously can't. I plan to hang out with Blythe on Sunday," I explained which Andrea nodded with understanding.

"You better be off the hook by Monday, Gavin Carter." She replied with a deadly finality that I only replied her with a short nod.

"Whatever happens just know that Gavin and I are off the hook, since we got permission to use the school pool," Eric smiled as he placed his arm on my shoulder with a wicked grin.

"Are heading somewhere later?" Zeke asked.

I looked around and saw Finn standing by my locker door, his face buried on a book. "I do. I have to work on this project in advance chemistry with Finn..."

"Finn... Finn Bryton?" It sounded as though it was more of a question to whether that person exist or if I was making it up.

"Yeah, that kid over there." I pointed discreetly, as if he noticed the stares he looked up and waved at us.

Andrea looked between him and I before she sighed in frustration, "Fuck school," she rolled her eyes and waved away as she and the rest left.

I walked towards my locker and smiled at Finn who greeted me the same way, "Hey Finn... Let's go?"

---------------------------------------------------------------

"...Finn?" We were walking out of the school when I noticed him slowed his pace.

I heard silence on the other end, I looked up at Finn and saw him to be deep in his thoughts.

"Dude, Are you there?" I said as I waved at his face.

He noticed and blinked once...twice before he speaks, "Sorry. Did you say something?"

I merely shrugged as I replied, "I said I was tired of life and wanted to end it. I asked if you wanted to join me, you gave me the okay."

The face Finn made looked as if he believed every word.

I don't think he got that I was joking.

His face morphed into one that is about to burst, "Are you nuts?! Don't you know that you are really loved?! How could you think of such a thing?" completely damning to hell.

Damn... He really took it seriously...

"Sorry... I was merely kidding. I didn't expect you to react so strongly," I said waving him off.

He breathed heavily looking at me like he wished I dropped dead on the spot.

I couldn't help but laugh at his expression, gaining unwanted audience from our surroundings.

"Eyes and ears to yourselves, guys." Finn spoke on my behalf.

I feign yawned as we walked out towards the gate to saw a familiar figure jumping up and down excitedly, "Gavin!!" she shouted making me groan.