03

///Over Advanced Chemistry ///

THREE

GAVIN CARTER

"Shit," I exclaimed as I fell back to the ground face first and my head throbbing from impact with a ball.

"Fuck. Shit. Damn. Crap, I am so sorry!" A husky voice cursed.

I felt slightly disoriented, but regardless I looked around and got a few of my discarded things.

"You okay there, Gav?" Benjamin Tyler my friend and teammate in Basketball looked at me with slight worry and amusement.

I chuckled as I soothed the back of my head, "I think I can make a few rounds here and there, you're lucky it was just me." I stated which he nodded grimly.

"Sorry... I got caught up with the game."

I shrugged in reply, "I could tell from the cursing."

I looked at the person beside Ben and see a guy holding my remaining things and the ball that injured me, they suddenly ignored me as they continued their argument on how the incident occurred and blaming the other for the source of my accident.

I waved them off, "It's cool. I wasn't harmed, but I do have to get to class early today because I don't want to piss anyone else than I already have," I commented stiffly.

Ben stopped and nodded, "Oh, yeah! Yeah, of course. No problem."

My eyes landed on Finn Bryton holding my bag and the book I borrowed in the library a few hours ago.

Finn Bryton... From what I know of him is that he is an okay guy, he is the type who'd help if he could, doesn't want to burden people, and stays out of trouble to the point that it's as if he doesn't exist at all. In all honesty he is a REALLY quiet (in all sense of the word) type of person, so hearing him curse is a big first for me as well as seeing and interacting with him right now.

He and I share the same English and General Math together, but I have heard stories about him from when he first got here... He was a previous top athlete in Soccer and Baseball, but it died instantly for unknown reasons.

Ben's phone suddenly buzzed making his eyes go wide, "Shit! I have to go. You can walk properly right?" He said and ran off before I could reply.

I wonder if he was seriously asking me if I could still walk in two legs, or is he trying to make the situation funny. But then he already left.

I looked at Finn and saw that he was looking intently at me, "Can you walk?"

"Yeah, like a new born deer," I smiled as I spoke sarcastically.

He chuckled as he examined my head, his height just in par with my own if not maybe even more, "Sarcastic... Did not expect that from you," I couldn't help but wonder why his tone seemed to sound as if he wasn't sure of it himself.

I shrugged as I grabbed my bag to my back, "I get that, but I am me... Nothing I can change right now,"

He nodded, "Agreed. Say maybe hanging out with you might make me get to know you... What do you think?" he suggested.

He smiled at me with a challenge evident in his eyes.

I didn't miss a beat, "It won't just 'might' it definitely will make you know me better. Why not? I don't mind it, but you are paying if you're inviting," I smiled.

He suddenly looked down, his eyes fixated on the books I carried on my hand with a deep thought before looking back at me, "Cool... I don't necessarily mind, See you then." He said as he continued and walked away back to his table before I could refuse.