02

/// All About 'Party' ///

TWO

FINN BRYTON

"So, you're going too, not?" Melanie asked as she fiddled her brown hair into a knot.

Why does everybody I know so hyped up about some party?!

"Actually no... I am not attending." I stated as I stuffed my face with fries and knowledge of the Pacific Ocean.

Suddenly my book was snatched by no one other than Bethany as she scowled my way and pouted, "You should go with, Finn!"

"I got invited by a few of my middle school friends and I already promised them I'd go with them. it's this Saturday too." I said and she huffed.

She knows I have other friends from my previous school, but I don't want my friends now to meet my other friends...

I am trying my best to see her point in all of this... I can't find it.

I grabbed my book back from her hands and reasoned with her, "Thanks for your invite, Beth. Drink and have fun on my behalf, then." I smiled.

"You can't always dodge gatherings like this!" Melanie stated.

"I can, and I did, end of discussion. Plus, I did say I am planning on meeting my old friends from my other school. I have friends besides you guys," I said in finality, my words coming out harshly than I originally intended it to be.

"Fine, but you owe us this time and not those people," Bethany gave up as she slouched back on her chair.

I couldn't help but escape a sigh of relief, "I promise." It sounded more of a plea than of a beg but Melanie and Bethany both rolled their eyes on me telling me that the conversation and argument was over but not forgotten.

Women are seen to me as historical than hysterical anyways.

The rest of our friends arrived loudly as they separated themselves from their other posse, "God, I so want to sit!" Benjamin groaned as he passed us with a pained expression.

Melanie chuckled as she opened her arms for her boyfriend to reach, "Sit here!" She smiled.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, Ben! Sit down we're not depriving you to a chair, bro! God forbid," I joked making Benjamin to give me a stink eye before turning to Melanie and have their own world for the rest of the period.

I turned to look just in time for Jeffery to arrive holding to trays of food, each containing everything I like at the cafeteria.

I snatched his bag of snacks and handed them to the girls. "Thank you for the food" I said as I munched on cheese bread.

"Those are mine!" Jeffery screamed like a real girl making all of us laugh, catching some attention. We were used to be being this loud –Considering the fact that we are outside which was usually ALWAYS loud... My group and I merely blended in with the whole thing.

Our group was different unlike the rest, who are grouped by similar interest –We weren't alike in much besides being in the same grade, school, and neighborhood.

Melanie my cousin and lives a few blocks away from me, she usually stays over whenever she felt like it or uses me as a scapegoat and excuse with anything boyfriend related.

Bethany my friend since I transferred and Melanie's direct neighbor as well as Jeffery's cousin in his mother's side.

And Jeffery who lives farthest, his house situated at the topmost of our village with all the other rich and blessed bunch.