Chapter Eight

Raph slammed his fist against the punching bag, as if he could somehow pound away his regret.

His knuckles began to sting each time they made contact with leather bag. But he didn't care. The pain temporarily distracted him from the agonizing image that just wouldn't leave his mind.

But no matter how many punches he threw, the image would never completely disappear.
Fluttershy would still be their with tears in her eyes.

It had been four days since he last spoke to her and made her cry. And she had obediently kept her distance. He assumed that either he frightened her or she was so angry with him that she avoided his presence entirely.

And he couldn't blame her.

In return he didn't really speak or stood around her either...or anyone for that matter. If he was in the same room as the others at all, he wouldn't make any eye contact with anyone. And that only lasted for so long before he would storm away to be alone.

At that was exactly where he was now, a big empty room...alone.

Fluttershy on the other hand was obviously happily getting over him. He still let her take care of spike and in the meantime she was getting acquainted with the other turtles. And in a cruel twist of fate they were starting to like her as well.

Ralph finally let out a loud yell as he slammed his fist extremely hard against the bag.
He stood back and panted as he watched the leather bag swing back and forth on the chain. He looked down at his knuckles seeing he had blood seeping through the bandages.

Letting out a sigh, he held the bag to stop the swinging and pressed his forehead against the rough leather.

Maybe this was for the best, he thought as he shut his eyes. Perhaps he'll get over her much quicker if they continued to keep their distance. He just wished this could have occurred under different circumstances. Dang it, he could be a freaking a-hole sometimes. He just wished...

"Ex-excuse me?"

Ralph's eyes snapped open at the small voice interrupting his thoughts. He had to be imagining things. But as he looked up, sure enough he saw her there, looking like a timid little rabbit.

He narrowed his eyes in a glare, confused. "What do you want?" he growled.

She lowered her head shrinking away.

Great, he was doing it again!

She avoided looking him in the eyes and tucked a strand of soft pink hair behind her ear.

She opened her mouth to say something when she noticed he had his head pressed back on the punching bag, eyes shut tight. "Sorry.." He muttered.

Her eyes widened in shock. "What?"

She jumped as he snapped his head up his green eyes filled with fury. "I said I'm sorry, alright!" He yelled.

Fluttershy just stood there frozen.

He shoved the leather bag furiously and began to pace about. "There, I said it! Happy now?! So you can go on with life now! I've made my apology!"

Fluttershy blinked. Is that what he thought? "I-I wasn't here for an apology..." She muttered.

Raph froze and quickly turned to look at her. "What?"

"I-I wasn't expecting an apology from you." She softy said.

Ralph raised an eye ridge. What did she mean? This is how it was supposed to go right? Wasn't she supposed to track him down a demand an apology? Wasn't he supposed to imply, because he was the guy, and always in the wrong? Wasn't she supposed to not give him a moments peace until she hears the magic words, 'I was wrong.'?