Chapter Thirty Three! <33

Start from the beginning

           “Blood always smells better when it’s warm with fear,” he chuckles inhaling one more time, before releasing my wrist. I shudder.

           “Are you trying to scare me?”

           “Are you scared for real?”

           I think over it for a moment. “No,” I look at him for a moment. “Are you thirsty yet Alistair?”

           “Not entirely but I will go hunting soon,” he says.

           “Don’t extend your stay if you don’t feel it’ll be safe for the two of us,” I take his hands in mine, looking at him letting him know that I was sincere. “If you need,” I clear my throat, “Blood – you can go… and we’ll hang out later or something, that okay?”

           “Fallon, I’m fine. I just … I really love the way you smell.”

           “That’s really weird – but… you can leave now, I’m going to take shower.”

           “You really don’t want my help?” he chuckles, walking out the bathroom shutting the door behind him. I turn on the hot water and mull over the fact that Alistair was so close to my wrist – his mouth over my wrist, at anytime he could’ve snapped, and possibly killed me.

           But he didn’t. I remind myself.

           After a fifteen minute shower I step out as I can smell bacon and eggs being prepared I dry off, going into my bedroom to lotion and get dressed. What was I to wear? Well Alistair would be leaving soon and my Dad would be coming home, and he promised we’d hang out so maybe I should get dressed in something casual. I put on some skinny jeans and a long sleeve V-neck pale cotton candy blue shirt.

           “You can go in now, and I’ll watch the food,” I say when I get into the archway of the kitchen where Alistair was cooking. He smiles, handing me the spatula that he was using the flip the bacon. I go over to the stove, trying to avoid getting popped by the bubbling grease. He had the stove on too high! I chuckle to myself and finish cooking breakfast that was simple but hearty. We were to have toast, eggs, and bacon. I poured a bag of grapes into a bowl before putting our plates on the table and pouring us some lemonade.

           I sit at the table and wait for Alistair and he comes in the kitchen dressed in as usual a long sleeved shirt as well only it was orange – a chalky orange. “That’s a little bright for you,” I beam. In contrast with his pale skin and dark hair it was different, he never dressed too bright. It was always muted colors like grey black and white and sometimes the occasional navy blue. He smiles  and sits across from me.

           “Well for the most part you did an awesome job cooking,” I tell Alistair forking the eggs and putting them on my toast along with some bacon.

           “Thanks love, I tried my hardest.”

           We finish breakfast in silence, Alistair ending up eating the whole bowl of grapes which made me laugh a little as I later joked about him being a grape fiend. We move into the living room at around eleven and watch a few episodes of the Twilight Zone before Alistair is a few minutes till leaving. We share the same couch Alistair on the end sitting up while I take up the other two seats lying down on the opposite end.

           “I have to go soon,” Alistair says. “And I was wondering, since you said I was such a good boy could I have a kiss goodbye?” he inquires. I sit up, pulling my feet off of his lap, retracting them under me in a criss cross manner.