Wild Child

I know that I've been gone for a while, what with IB tests and finals who can blame me? Not to mention the fact that I had a mental breakdown along with a panic attack...rough year... but now that it's over I can write a LOT more. So sorry if any of you guys were upset by how unreliable I am. In time you'll learn to love it...unless you don't. So without further ado here is Wild Child (cue the lame audience appluase)!!! ^_^

The annoying click of her heels edged closer and finally stopped in front of me. My eyes arose from her shoes and rested on the cool green of her eyes. “I see you still haven’t found the wonders of the razor.” She pointedly glanced at my unshaven legs and rolled her eyes.  The disgust in her voice rolled over me and I clenched my fists more.  She walked closer until our noses were mere inches from each other. “Do something wolf-girl. It would be wonderful if I could rid our school of any freaks.” She smirked, waiting for me to pounce on her.  My eyes narrowed in anger and I did exactly what she wanted, I pounced.

Chapter 2

                My fingers were centimeter from her face when I was suddenly yanked backwards, away from Carla.  My body was straining to be let loose. I struggled against the person, my elbows hitting them in the sides in the process. I wildly snarled and snapped at Carla, the sound my teeth made reverberated in the hallway. The person gripped me tighter and said something I didn’t understand.  The unidentified person pulled me down the hallway, but no without a fight. I twisted my body to get of their hold and clawed anything that my hands touched.  The person sharply inhaled as my finger made contact with soft skin. When we finally reached the double doors, which led to the courtyard, I was pushed outside.

I landed roughly on the ground and quickly got up. I turned around to face the person, to no surprise it was Harold. He held up his hands in defense. The tenseness in my body never relaxed. When I was with my father I was taught to never back down. When Harold pulled me away from Carla all of those feelings flooded back into my mind. My body was still tense I was ready to hit or rather kill something. I shakily inhaled but not out of fear, out of anger at Harold for pulling me away. “Why did you do that?” I asked with a gruff voice.

“We can’t have you getting anymore infarctions.” Harold smiled uneasily and rand a hand through his blue and white hair.

“Infarctions?” Confusion was evident in my voice. It was a word that I had never heard of.

“Maybe it’s infractions, I’m not really sure. Same difference, right?”

“It’s your language Harry whatever you say.” I took my time walking up to him and stopped when we were shoulder to shoulder. 

“Don’t worry about what Carla said earlier.” He muffled his laughter when I gave him a questioning glance. “The hair on your legs is actually quite appealing.” He gave up on trying to contain his laughter as it all flowed out. I shrugged and walked back inside the building. He jogged to catch up and threw his arm around my shoulder when he finally succeeded in getting to my side.  “Sorry about throwing you out the door.” A puppy dog look was plastered across his face when I looked up at him.

“I’ve been through badder.” I carelessly tossed at him.

He stared at me thoughtfully for a second then said, “It’s worse.”

“What?”

“It’s ‘I’ve been through worse’.” Harold held his finger in the air, as if he were a professor of some sort.

“Okay Mr. Infarction, I’ve been through worse.” He broke into a smile and pulled me along the hallway and into our next class.

Add in six hours later and the bell rang, signaling the end of school. When I reached my locker I saw Felicia and Harold waiting by the door, talking animatedly about something.  Felicia saw me coming and loudly shushed Harold.  When I finally reached the pair, she cleared her throat and began to speak.  “So, your birthday is this weekend.” I silently groaned, since no one knew when I was born Harold and Felicia picked a random day out of the year to celebrate. My feelings must’ve been written all over me face because Felicia got a determined look across her face.

“Come on, Penelope. We can have a party in the forest if you want. Anything would be fine, as long as I get to plan it.” She pleaded with me. Harold rolled his eyes and mouthed the words ‘say no’ to me. I shook my head and attempted to open the lock on my locker. “Please!” Her wailing caused a few surprised students to glance at us. I struggled with my lock a bit more before deciding that it was never going to open.  Felicia grabbed my shoulders in desperation. “If I don’t do this, then I will die of complete and total denied-ness.” I laughed loudly at her choice of words.

“Hey Pen, what’s your combination?”  Broken from my conversation with Felicia and looked at Harold. He repeated the question again.

“If I knew that don’t you think I would’ve have used it?” I asked incredulously.

“In that case, I’ll go to the office and get it for you.” He tousled my hair before he took off for the office.

Felicia poked my arm to get my attention. “If I can open your locker for you, will you let me plan the party?” I nodded my head with a grin. There was no way she could open the locker Felicia was more forgetful then I was. I smugly looked at her expecting her to try to open it with her hands. Instead she pulled out a pair of scissor-like thing from her hot pink purse. She moved the lock handle into position between the object and with a loud snap the lock fell off of my locker. The only expression I could muster was sheer shock.  Felicia laid the lock into my hand with a smug smile.

“This party is going to awesome! I promise I won’t include any pink, even though it’s the best color ever.”  She squealed.

I was still dumbfounded when Harold came back from the office. He held up a little slip of paper with a big smile. His smile slowly faded when he saw me gathering my stuff from the locker. “Where is the lock?” He asked curiously. I held up my hand for him to see Felicia’s handiwork. “Geez, what happened to it?!”  I glanced at Felicia and he followed my eyes.  She still held the scissor-like things in her hand so Harold put two and two together.  “You cut the lock with pliers?” His voice was as shocked as I felt.  Without looking at us, Felicia slid the pliers back into her purse.

                “You keep pliers in your purse?!”  Harold scratched the back of his head as he stared at Felicia in awe.

                “It’s pliers Harry, not a butcher knife.”  Felicia said while observing her nails. I finished putting my stuff into my bag and was preparing to walk out, when a hand appeared on my shoulder. Connected to that hand was the face of Felicia, and she gave me a look of pity. “You know you’re going to have to get waxed.”

                “Yeah.” I had no idea what she was talking about so I just nodded my head in agreement. Harold was too busy muttering something about ‘never understanding women and their purses’ to pay attention to the conversation taking place.

***********

Yay!!!! Now wasn't that just the bees knees? Anywho for you guys that don't know I revised my story Super Freak, so you should definitely re-check it out. The beginning is kind of the same but it gets better I promise! Adios mentos! ^-^

Song of the day: Bounce by Calvin Harris