❀ 11- Warm Request

Start from the beginning

I gathered up my patience left in me, and waited in line. After 5 people had passed, it was my turn. I placed my stuff on the table, and waited for the cashier guy to check them out with his scanner.

"Ah, can you do it any faster, please?" I asked him when he literally took 5 minutes just to look for the lettuces tag. He gave me a blank look, as if to tell me,"I know what I'm doing. Shut Up."

When he took even slower on the tomatoes, I had enough.

"Yah, if you keep on doing it any slower I won't pay." I say, and other people behind me gasped.

The cashier guy looked no older than me, and raised his eyebrows.

"Then I won't let you get them."

"Aish! I don't have enough time for all this bull crap! I'm already late for an appointment here!"

I exploded in his face.

When he still looked back at me with a blank look, I leaned forward and grabbed the scanner in his hand and scanned the tomatoes and pickles, and typed the key dash in the cashier system, thus opening the cash box, placed my $20 bill in, pushed the box and grabbed the things I bought in my hands.

I threw the change behind me, and walked out of the store with everyone looking back at me.

I ran with all my might to my house, and when I reached there, I went inside and placed the ingredients on the kitchen table, much to my mom's dismay, and ran back out the door.

While running, I took out my phone to check the time.

It was 8:50.

I cursed myself, and ran even more harder.

Will he still be there? What if he didn't come?

Those thoughts were in my mind while I jogged to my destination. I felt bad that I didn't get his phone so I could tell him why I was late like this. But then again he might not be there.

By the time I reached the front of the bridge, I was panting like crazy, my legs weak, and my heart thumping too fast against my chest. I breathed out fog, since it was cold in the night, and I looked around to see if there was anyone around here.

As I jogged up the bridge, I searched for anyone, but there was no one but me.

"Kim Taehyung!" I called out for him.

There was no reply, so I kept on running down the bridge.

"Where are you?! I'm here!" I yelled again. I reached the middle of the bridge, using the rainbow lights on the ground to guide me. I stepped on the ledge, and cupped my hands around my mouth.

"Taehyung!" I called yet again, but the silence only answered me.

I stepped down, and did a full circle search.

Maybe he really didn't come.

I thought, blinking as I wondered.

But that seemed so unlikely of him.

He must be around here somewhere...

I got off the ledge, and began to run all the way down the other side of the bridge. If he wasn't there, then I guess he didn't come then. But for some reason, I had a feeling he still might be there.

As I came down, I looked around for any sign of him.

"Taehyung!" I called again, but this time, there was a noise.

I turned my head to the direction of the noise, and saw something down further the park that enters towards the bridge.

I made a dart towards the noise, and soon, I saw a dark figure sitting on the park bench, shivering.

"...Taehyung?" I called out again, and walked cautiously towards the figure.

"h...hy..hyer..i" He said though his shivering lips, and that's when I knew it was him.

"Taehyung!" I ran towards him, seeing how he was sitting there huddling in his jacket in the cold. I cupped his cheeks, and gasped when I looked at his lips that were in a dark shade of blue. He was freezing.

I reached towards his forehead, and it was burning hot.

"Yah! Why were you still waiting for me?! It's already 9! You should've gone home and not wait for me in the cold like this!" I yelled at him, but the more he was shivering, the more I worried for him.

"... You... t-told me to w-wait." He said, and I began to feel guilty again.

"Well you shouldn't have. Stupid." With a sigh, I took off my scarf around my neck and wrapped it around his head to keep him warm. "We have to get you home before you die on me now."

"I'll pick you up, ready, 1, 2 , 3" I reached forward, and wrapped my arms around his torso and began to pull him up off the bench so that he was standing against me now.

"Can you walk?"

He nodded a little, and placed his arm around my shoulder as I put my arm around his waist, and we began to walk forward. "I'm only helping you since I don't want no one to die on me tonight."

He made a noise, between a scoff and a chuckle, and I looked up at him.

"I went though a whole lot to get to you, you know." I say to him, and he turned his head and gave me an unbelieving look. I stuck my bottom lip up. "Seriously! I had to get my mother late night groceries and the cashier guy took so long, I had to reach over and do the work myself."

He started to laugh, and I laughed along, since the story was quite humorous to hear again.

At the end of his laughter, he suddenly reached towards his chest, and began to cough and his legs gave out on him.

"Are you alright?!" I say, as he leaned over as he held his chest. I squatted down also, and I didn't know why, but I placed my hand over his. He started to groan, and I began to panic.

"What do you want me to do for you?" I asked, and he looked up at me.

"Stay with me," He only said, his eyes opening wider as he looked back at me. I was confused by what he said, and I tried to withdraw myself away from him, but he grabbed onto my wrist.

"Please..."

His eyes were filled with such emotion, I couldn't pin point what he meant, but I tried too.

"I will," I say, and was surprised by my own words. A smile grew on his lips, and his hand released my wrist, and his head fell forward on my shoulder as he leaned and closed his eyes.

"Thank you Hyeri..."

I was confused with myself, and with him, but somehow this felt... right.

With a defeated sigh, I let him lean on me as we sat on the middle of the rainbow bridge together, the cold night drifting far from us as we were in each other's warmth, and care.

Vote and please Comment. :)