[Ziall] - you won't ever be alone (wait for me to come home)

Summary:

Zayn just doesn't know what to do.

It's been 4 years since he left One Direction to bury those memories on the ground, to live the peaceful and painless life he never got to experience in so long.

But still, he's too hung up to forget those blue orbs that keep haunting his mind in the most random moments, too caught up in the memories he so badly want to forget.

Zayn just wants to forget about Niall James Horan.

And believe him, it's definitely next to impossible.

---

A/N: This is my first 1D fic ever, and the first part of it was written purely in kik. :) The fic was mainly born because of late night thoughts and angst, and lack of bottom Zayn everywhere. HAHA. I hope you guys like it, because this is the first time I wrote a full-length one after 3 years of drought. Comments and votes are greatly appreciated, thank youuu!

(Edited at 1:00 AM, PH Time: Unbeta-d, haha, so sorry for the mistakes! Thanks Jasmine for pointing that mistake out! Luff you babe x)

Title came from Ed Sheeran's 'Photograph'.

P.S.: I hope it doesn't annoy you or anything, but Zayn's crying non-stop in this fic. I mean almost 75% of this fic has Zayn crying, and I know you guys don't like our baby so sad but, I just felt the need to do it. Love you guys, mwa! x -Elle

---

Zayn just doesn't know what to do.

It's been 4 years since he left One Direction to bury those memories on the ground, to live the peaceful and painless life he never got to experience in so long.

But still, he's too hung up to forget those blue orbs that keep haunting his mind in the most random moments, too caught up in the memories he so badly want to forget.

Zayn just wants to forget about Niall James Horan.

And believe him, it's definitely next to impossible.

-

If you ask Zayn Malik the real reason why he left the most successful boy band in the current generation, he'll most probably give you a small smile and politely walk away. But try to look past the façade he built and stare directly at those honey orbs, you'll see the obvious shift of emotions and the slow formation of tears in them.

No one really knows why he left, other than his parents, sisters, and maybe even his best friend Liam. He had to lie about his true feelings to the others, especially the fans and management who of course, never agreed in the first place. But Zayn was just too desperate to even care. He just badly wants to get out of the trap, the trap he made for himself.

But most importantly, he just wants to let Niall escape from the prison walls in his own heart.

-

Back to present, it's been four years, and everything has never been the same. One Direction is currently on an indefinite hiatus, but is rumoured to be back on track soon. Insiders have said that they just need to step back and relax for a bit, as the past couple of years was nothing but shaky and rough. The four remaining members just thought they weren't gaining that will to push through, and just losing their inspiration to continue.

One of the members who underwent a drastic change for the past years was Niall, as his sunny demeanor and happy outlook slightly deteriorated ever since five became four. It was said that out of the other 1D boys, Niall was the most affected from Zayn's departure, getting a little closed off and slightly moody, and spends less time with the other lads over time.