Chapter 18

ELENAS POV

previously
"I don't care Luke. She's my best friend and-"

Before I could say anything I was cut off by his lips. I knew I was wrong for kissing back but I missed this so much. I missed feeling his lips on mine. I didn't ever want to miss that feeling again.

"Elena and Luke?"

I turned and saw the voice that said that was Calum. Part of me was relieved that it wasn't Michael or Sara but the other part of me was annoyed to see Calum.

"What are you doing here," I said with disgust in my voice.

"Didn't know you were the only person in the world that ate ice cream," he said with a smirk.

Luke and I both rolled our eyes at his comment.

"Anyways what are you two doing, I thought you were Sara's boyfriend."

We both stood in silence.

"Oh my God, you're cheating on Sara! and you all continue to call me the bad guy," Calum says with amusement.

"Listen Calum," Luke said walking up to Calum , "You can't tell Sara or anyone about what you just saw."

"And what if I do?"

"Then I tell everyone about what you did to me? that wouldn't look too good would it?" I said with a smirk.

"Blackmailing huh? Okay deal. If you ever get tired of messing around with your best friends boyfriend maybe you'll give me a second chance."

"Not even in your dreams," I said as I rolled my eyes.

Calum walked away and Luke faced me again.

"We can't do this, Luke. I'm in a relationship with a really good guy who's not my best friends boyfriend."

"What do I have to do to get you to understand I love you."

"There's no amount of I love you's that will change the fact that we can't be together."

We both stared at each other for a moment and I thought of the first time I talked to Luke in the bar. Who would've known this one boy would have so much impact on me.

I walked back to the car and I told Michael I would stay at his apartment for the night. I needed someone to cuddle with.
---
A few weeks later

When I was on break at work I saw Sara walk in and I waved her over to the table I was at. When she sat down I could tell that she had been crying.

"Sara, what's wrong?"

"I'm worried about Luke and I's relationship?" she said between sniffles.

Oh no.

"What happened?"

"I just don't think he's attracted to me anymore. I mean last night when we got home I was flirting with him and teasing him like we always do. He didn't react at all. He seemed so distracted like he was thinking about something or someone else."

I gulped.

"Do you know why he's acting like this?"

"No idea," I said quickly.

"I just don't know what to do anymore," she said and laid her head on the table.

"Hey don't worry I'm sure he loves you," I said and glided my hands through her hair.

If I was Pinocchio my nose would stretching to another continent.

"Maybe you're right," she said wiping away her tears, "but anyways I came to ask you if you're free tomorrow?"

"Of course, what's going on?"

"My parents are throwing me a celebratory party for moving up in my job, they're basically inviting the whole neighborhood," she said with a chuckle.

"Well for you, I'll definitely be there."

"I know, you're always there for me Elena. You're such a great friend," she said as she reached across the table to hug me.

I'm such a horrible friend.
///
thanks for reading!