Chapter Nine | Wedding Dresses, Sisters & Secrets

Start from the beginning

“Well, technically he did something to me, but whatever.”

“Dom!” cried Victoire, catching the bit about the he. “Tell me.”

“I sort of…kissed…Ben.”

“You sort of kissed Ben?” Victoire asked, grinning wildly, knowing Dom couldn’t see.

“Well, he kissed me…but yeah.” Dom knew her face was flaming red, and stared at the floor.

“I can’t believe it.” Victoire said, a little emotional over the fact “I always knew he liked you!”

“Who said he liked me?” Dom said, swivelling around in surprise “He just kissed me-we were at a party, it happens.”

“Quidditch party?” asked Victoire, raising her eyebrows.

“Erm, yeah.”

“And they won, didn’t they?”

“Yeah, so…?”

“Oh, he is completely smitten!” shrieked Victoire, now giddy with excitement-she’d always known, anyway; Ben couldn’t hide his bashful looks from this half Veela sister.

“How would you know?”

Victoire straightened, excited that she could finally help Dom-who never needed her help with anything, ever. How she was so independent blew Victoire away; she’d never had to help with homework or break up fights, only shoo away a few village bullies when they were younger.

“No guys going to snog just anyone after their big win! Ben was confident, excited and positive because of the game, which is why he finally after all these years got up the courage to kiss you. He might’ve kissed any old person –if anyone at all, knowing Ben- after he lost because he was feeling insecure and angry.” She smiled at Dom and started to braid her own hair “He was feeling good enough about himself to kiss you, had the confidence in himself-he wouldn’t go wasting that on anyone silly and unimportant.”

Dom just nodded, wondering what Victoire would say if she really knew how they’d gone about kissing. She wouldn’t be as excited if she did.

            Dinner at Shell Cottage was usually quiet, with happy chatter and good food (depending on who was cooking that night). Louis would go on about Quidditch, what silly thing he’d done recently, Fleur commenting that girls didn’t usually like it when boys wolf whistled at them. Victoire told them about the wedding plans a bit, and her and Teddy’s further search for a new apartment, as their current one wouldn’t be available after spring. Dom was silent.

“What have you been up to, Dominique?” Bill asked, twirling spaghetti around his fork thoughtfully “Anything you haven’t told us yet?”

“Nope.”

“New teachers?”

“No.”

“Anything happening with your schoolwork?”

“Same as ever.”

“New friends?”

“Same friends, Dad.”

“Boyfriends?” interjected Fleur, smiling lightly.

Dom shook her head briefly, glancing at Victoire in desperation.

Please don’t tell.’ She begged with her eyes ‘If there is one thing you don’t have to tell, let this be it.

“Are you sure, Dom?” Victoire asked innocently “I think I remember something about an abandoned corridor?”

“What abandoned corridor?” Bill and Louis chorused, Fleur grinning happily at her younger daughter.

“There was no abandoned corridor!” cried Dom.

“Right, a secret passageway, wasn’t it?”

Victoire!” knowing her face was scarlet, Dom looked down at her plate.

Bill was frowning “Who’ve you been seeing in an abandoned corridor?”

“Secret passage, Bill.” Fleur corrected with delight “Right Victoire?”

“If I heard correctly.”

Fuming, Dom stood up “You’re all ridiculous.” She stormed out of the room, only to turn back and glower at them “And there was no secret passageway!

 A/N: A little lighthearted filler for you all!

Question: Do you think Dom will catch on to Ben's feelings, will her family finally see that something dangerous and wrong is going on? Tell me what you think.

Rose<3