Josh's POV

         Liam sat with me and the guys as if I hadn't caught him with my sister. He acted like everything was cool although I noticed he glanced at me every now and then. It probably wasn't helping that I was constantly watching him. I heard the door downstairs click shut and heard Jessica's familiar voice floating up here. Movie night was about to start. When I got the invitation from Becca, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go down there. She would probably be fucking Liam right on the couch. I didn't know if I could watch my baby sister do something like that. It just wasn't right. Why did she choose Liam? What on earth made him so special? She should find a rich guy that was sweet and could be there for her and give her everything she needed. She didn't need some guy who was always on tour, singing love songs to girls and going to parties with celebrities.

I didn't trust Liam with my sister, not for a second.

        Downstairs, I sat on the couch farthest away from them. I didn't mind sitting next to Niall anyways. He looked like was busy with Jessica. They were both chattering away. I couldn't quite catch what they were talking about but I knew it involved food but with Niall, not much didn't involve food. I looked down at Louis and Zayn. They were talking about a preview on TV. It was something called the Host. I thought it looked pretty stupid but Zayn and Louis sounded pretty into it. They wanted to be there opening night. The movie started playing and I forced myself not to glance over at my sister and Liam who were on the love seat.

        I didn't really find the movie all that scary. In the first five minutes, I felt Niall jump a few times. I looked over at him. Maybe he would cry if he got too scared. The sneaky bastard had his arm around Jessica. She was hanging onto his hand like it was the only thing that would stop this movie from becoming real. I glanced at Niall's face and he was smiling. He totally pretended to be scared to get closer to Jessica. He's smarter with the girls than I thought. Louis and Zayn didn't seem phased by this movie either. Maybe it was intended to scare the girls more.

Then there was my sister.

I finally allowed myself to look over at her. She was curled up on Liam's chest. She was obviously affected by the movie. The dumbest stuff made her jump. I was watching her when she shifted. Her face turned to annoyance. That's when Liam touched her arm. He whispered something to her then took off his sweater.

          I was annoyed. He was going to try and get with her right in front of everyone. What a slut! I was wrong. He pulled off his sweater and covered her with it. She turned her attention back to the movie after getting comfy again. I almost smiled at how happy she looked. She began to run her finger on his chest in circular motions. I felt like maybe she was teasing him but her hand stopped at a chain that he was wearing.

         She grabbed it and looked up to him in shock. I thought it was sweet. The look on her face was total adoration. I glanced up to Liam who was replying to whatever it was that she said. He smiled down at her and chuckled. He looked amused with her. What he said made her laugh loudly and I noticed everyone glanced over. She blushed at us then went back to Liam. I watched as he grabbed a piece of her hair and played with it while talking to her. I noticed the look on his face. It was the same look of adoration that she showed him. She blushed, kissed his chest then laid back down. I did smile then because as she laid there, a happy smile spread across her cheeks and I knew it was because of him.

        Liam's arms tightened around her. It was like he heard whatever it was that she was thinking. She pulled his arms off her and sat up. He asked her where she was going and she replied then kissed his bruised cheek softly before heading to the kitchen. After a few minutes, I followed her. I entered through the kitchen doorway and froze in my spot. My sister was standing in front of the sink. She had her eyes closed and Liam's sweater was pulled up around her like she was breathing in the sent of him. She bent over so she was resting on her elbows. She began to speak.

         "God, I don't know if I believe in you. It's hard to when there is so much against you. If you do exist, I want to thank you and ask you for assistance. I want to thank you for giving me Liam. He's so amazing. I can't explain how I feel about him but I'm sure you know. You're god, right? I remember all that Harry stuff. I remember sitting in the corner of my room, crying and wishing that I no longer existed. I thought so much of ending my life.... then you gave me Liam."

          I wanted to step forward and shake her. I hadn't known she wanted to commit suicide because of my best friend. Is that how bad it really was? Why wasn't I there for her? Why was I just realizing this now?

         She continued on, "You gave me Liam and now it's perfect. I have never before felt so happy. How is it possible that an 18 year old girl like me could receive the love from him that I do? He could be with someone prettier and smarter. He chose me though. Why is that? On the couch, he told me that he was the luckiest guy. I know you heard that. I don't think it was luck that brought us together. It was love. That's for sure. I also know that I am the lucky one in this situation. I need your help though. I need you to keep me saying and doing the right thing. I don't know what I would do if I lost him. I also need your help getting Josh to see all this that I feel. I need you to do that. I need my big brother to understand." I watched as tears fell from her eyes.

         "God, I think I'm in love with Liam. I would marry him if he asked. I want to spend eternity with him. Please make Josh understand, please make Josh see. I want him to understand that Liam saved me. I want him to understand that Liam makes me feel beautiful and loved for the first time in over 6 years. Please show him that I don't care if Liam hurts me, he's what I need right now. He's what I  have always needed. Please show Josh that I love Liam and Liam loves me. I know if you can get some one like Liam to take interest in me, you can get someone like Josh to understand the feelings we have for each other. Thank you. I really appreciate it. Amen." I rushed out of the room and sat down on the couch. I looked over at Liam and he stared in the direction of the kitchen. Worry was evident on his face.

Becca came back into the room. Her eyes were still a little watery from the few tears that she shed. When Liam saw her, his face lit up. I couldn't help but think of him as a lost puppy. I watched as their eyes locked and both of them blushed at the same time. They reached for each other and Liam took her into his arms and held her there as if he thought she would be taken away from his forever. He kissed my sister on her forehead and I saw her smile softly. I just now realized that the smile that I have been seeing for years wasn't hers. The one Liam was putting on her now was hers.

It was true.

It was deep.

It was real.

I knew what it was above all that though.

It was love.