chapter 10

(are you enjoying the story so far? :-))

Lillian //

After closing the cage door, Luke had to pull me out of the room. I honestly felt terrible for the way Grace was to be treated.

"Is there anything else I need to do today?"

Luke shook his head yes, "After Grace rests for an hour or so you'll need to explain to her what we are and what is expected of her. It'll be a private session, Ashton's leaving right now and I need to go hunting."

With that, Luke exited the basement and left me alone in my own silence. I moved to the living area of the basement and sat down on the couch, cursing as I remembered vampires couldn't sleep.

I turned on the television, settling on a comedy movie, my focus not really on the movie. My own thoughts consumed me as I waited for an appropriate time to visit Grace.

What was I even supposed to tell her?

How would she react?

I sat there uneasy for the next hour thinking of a plan. I would tell her what I was, some basic rules and then show her the house. Maybe we could be friends- Luke wouldn't have to know.

Consumed by my own thoughts, it took me a minute to register the sound of Grace's whimpers. I took a breath, gathered myself and walked towards her room.

"Grace?" I gently whispered, leaning on the door frame. She looked up at me with sad eyes.

In a tense silence, I walked over to her "bed" and knelt beside it.

Opening the cage door, I motioned for her to follow me.

Thankfully she did.

The first thing I did was lead her to the basement's kitchen table and give her a snack.

As she was eating, I went upstairs to get something more appropriate for her to wear. Luke had mentioned that darker colors were better so it wouldn't scare Grace when I drank from her and left blood stains.

I made my way back downstairs and found Grace in the same spot.

Trying to remain on the dominant side of this partnership, I raised my voice, "I brought clothes for you to wear," I motioned to the black sweater and jeans laying on the chair where I had set them down, "you may use the bathroom to change. You have five minutes or else come prepared for a punishment."

Grace nodded and ran towards the bathroom. I pulled out the list of rules Ashton had given to me. Grace wasn't only supposed to nod, she was supposed to respond with a "Yes ma'am". I suppose we will have to work on that.

Grace came out in a shocking three minutes and cautiously sat next to me on the couch.

"We will now begin," I started, "Hello Grace, my name is Lillian. As I'm sure you have figured out, I am a vampire. Luke recently changed me into his kind. Luke is the one with blonde hair and Ashton, Luke's friend, is the one with the longer hair. There isn't much to say, you are basically my blood bag and servant. The more behaved you are, the more freedom you receive. Any questions?

Grace spoke, "How old are you really?"

"I'm only 20. Like I said, I'm new at this whole vampire situation. Ash is 621 and Luke is a little younger at 518."

She nodded, "What's next?"

"I must explain the three simple rules you must follow. First of all, everything I ask of you must be done the first time I ask. Secondly, you must address everything 'Yes, Lillian' or 'No, Lillian'. I need a verbal response. Finally, the collar around your neck must always be on. It's for your safety. If you refuse to follow the rules, one of the boys or myself have the right to punish you. Do you understand?"

Grace whispered, "Yes Lillian."

"You may go back to your cage now."

And with that Grace walked to her room, her head hung low.