Rather Go To Hell

It was late afternoon the next day, and Dr. D decided to show up as his voice echoed onto the air.

"Watch out, children. News of a whole slew of Dracs coming in from the north and south. Nothing for sure, but don't throw away your lives and stay put. You can run, or you can fight. Keep your guns close, and stay safe, rebels."

Frank sighed. "Shit."

Gerard piped up. "We should take 'em out, so no one has to worry it."

Ray spoke up now. "Well we can't hit both north and south, not unless we split up, which would be ridiculous."

Mikey looked up from his magazine. "Well... why would that be ridiculous?"

Ray frowned, laughing as if it was obvious. "Well... we never spilt up... I mean, since I met you guys, you haven't left each other's sides, like, ever."

Gerard shot his brother a death look. "Don't even think about it, Mikey. We're not splitting up to go fight Dracs, no way."

"Gerard, how the hell else would we get rid of them?"

"We could go together!"

"No, Gerard, that wouldn't do anything, because there's a ton of them on each side. We're all good shooters; we can take out a ton of Dracs at a time,and it would be a waste to put it all on one side."

Frank, the only one silent until now, decided to speak up.

"He's right, Gerard."

Gerard sighed. "I know he's right, Frank. But I know you remember what happened last time we didn't stick together and we won't be so lucky this time-"

"Gerard- I was sixteen! I'm twenty five now, I've been fighting these things for eight years- I know what I'm doing! If you go with Frank and I go with Ray, we will be fine!"

"Okay, Mikey, but what if they get you- I would rather go to hell than go through that. I couldn't fucking bear that-"

Mikey switched to a calm tone. "I'm not going to put you through that. We're all going to be fine, I promise."

"You better be fine, Mikey."

"I will."

-

Frank and Gerard set out to take care of their Dracs shortly after.

There wasn't actually that many, and they didn't have much trouble taking them out.

But that begged the question; if there was a ton of them to start off with, and only a few came here, how many were headed Mikey and Ray's way?