If I Fall Pt. 2

Frank shrieked, clutching his foot as pain sliced through him.

Mikey grabbed his arm. "Frank, Frank! Talk to me, are you okay? Frank!"

The creatures were now towering over the two collapsed boys. One yelled in front of them.

"Hey, we got two more!"

Each pulled one boy's hands behind his head, bringing them up to their knees.

Soon enough, another figure appeared through the dust, dragging someone along with him.

Frank groaned, pain doubling as he was forced to sit on his foot.

"Should we mask 'em, or bag 'em?"

"Let me see them!" Came the voice from a distance, the boy in his arms writhing around in attempt to break free.

Neither Frank nor Mikey recognized the captive boy, but upon looking up, he certainly recognized them.

No, Gerard thought under his breath. They got them.
"Frank, Mikey!" Gerard screamed out desperately, a voice they both recognized immediately.

"Gerard!" Frank screamed in reply, horrified. "Gerard, help!"

The creature holding Gerard spoke up. He gestured to the boy he was gripping. "We're masking this one. Shoot the others."

Gerard looked up at the creature with horror. "No," he said, quietly at first, then again. "No!" he screamed. "Frank! Mikey!"

"Gerard, help!" Mikey yelled, as Frank screamed when the creature stepped on his bleeding foot to try to try to shut them up.

Both creatures retrieved their ray guns once again, pressing the barrels to the boys' temples.

Gerard was sob-screaming, writhing like mad to pull his arms away.

With one last effort, he screamed, "You won't-" he pulled his arms free with a burst of desperate strength. "touch them!" He stood up and elbowed his ex-captor in the face, knocking it to the ground and retrieving its gun for himself.

He ran with desperate determination towards the only two things in his life that mattered anymore; he couldn't and wouldn't lose them.

His shaking fingers pointed the gun to the face of the creature holding Frank, and pushed the trigger without any hesitation. The creature shrieked and fell to the ground, and Gerard repeated this action towards the thing holding Mikey, falling to his knees as he arrived to them, sobbing.

He reached out an arm in each boy's direction and wrapping it around their shoulders.

Frank curled his shaking arm around Gerard's head, squeezing his black mess of hair as if he was all that mattered right now.

And in all honesty, maybe he was.

"Gerard..." was all Frank could push out in a quaking whisper. "Gerard- you, you- thank god..." And he broke into a small fit of tears once again.

And Mikey sat silently, just clutching his brother's arm, scared to let go. Because what if he let go, and he let him leave again, and none of them would be this lucky.

-

They had to get home, and soon, before the third creature awoke and recruited more.

By the time they left, Frank had passed out from the blood loss.

Gerard, the oldest and strongest, realized that he could walk and Frank clearly couldn't, so he carefully picked his friend up, cradling his head in the crook of his elbow.

Frank woke up relatively soon, felt Gerard's heaving chest pressing against his own as they trudged towards their shelter. He almost felt bad, as Gerard was barely someone with the stature to carry another person.

However, Frank making any attempt to walk would in no way help them progress towards their destination, so he buried his chest in Gerard's chest, and put up with it, something that Gerard was certainly doing.

That was why they were all here.

To protect each other, no matter the cost.

In fact, the three boys became utterly inseparable from the day on, just because of the previously explained events, and they never hoped to see themselves without each other again.

So yeah I usually do a two part backstory thing and I hope you don't mind because I love doing it so I hope you're enjoying so far because I love writing this and votes and comments would be loved so thank you