Freyja- Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Freyja awoke to the sunlight streaming through the trees, hitting her face in a green light. She yawned and opened her eyes, looking around. Whoa, she thought. How did I get here?

She was no longer tied up against the tree. She was now inside of a tent, and had many blankets covering her. The tent was rather cozy, with a little fire in the middle and blankets covering the whole ground.

“Well good morning!” a voice said cheerfully. It was Luke. He was standing with his back to her, looking over some maps. Gosh, he was gorgeous. He was shirtless today, and he had a very strong, tan back.

“How did I get in here?” Freyja asked him.

“Well it gets rather cold here in Norway at night, so I figured I should move you inside my tent where it’s nice and warm, so you wouldn’t get frostbite. You’re welcome,” Luke replied.

Freyja stared at him intently. This man was so confusing to her. He was strange and mysterious. One minute he was kind, and then he was kidnapping her. Then he was kind again. It confused her that she couldn’t figure out who he really was, because usually she was good at finding a person’s true personality when she first met them. But Luke, he was different. And it bugged her.

“So…are we leaving soon?” Freyja shyly asked.

Luke turned to her, and Freyja tried not to blush. He had strong abs, of course. “I thought you wanted to go home?” Luke said humorously.

“Well you weren’t going to take me home anyways, so why does it matter?” Freyja scoffed.

Luke smiled and just shook his head and looked at his maps again. Finally he looked up and answered with a grin, “We are leaving right now.”  He threw some clothes at Freyja. “Put these on…your gown will just start flying everywhere in the ocean breeze. And I’m sure that’s more of you that you would like my men to see.”

She caught the clothes and looked at them. They were brown trousers and a white, loose, shirt. “Men’s clothing?” Freyja asked with disgust.

Luke just shrugged and smiled his little lopsided smile, then walked out the tent. He called out, “You have two minutes! I would hurry if I were you; you wouldn’t want me to walk in while you were changing, right?”

Freyja stuck out her tongue at the back of his head and closed the tent flap. She changed as quickly as she could, and then walked out the tent. The clothes actually weren’t that bad. The shirt was actually very light and she could feel the cool Norwegian breeze flow through the shirt. All the men were packing up the tents and food, and polishing their swords.

“Carry this to the ship,” a large man yelled, and threw a crate at her. She caught it and grunted. It was really heavy.

“What’s in here?” she asked curiously.

The man grinned and said, “The books we stole from your village.”

Freyja dropped the crate and stared at him angrily. “YOU carry it then. You stole it, YOU carry it.” She muttered, and then stomped away. She heard the man growl in frustration, but she didn’t care.

After about 10 minutes, the men had packed everything, and they were on their way. Freyja was forced to walk between two large men, just so that she wouldn’t be able to run away. They traveled all morning, and ate some stale biscuits as breakfast.  Eventually, Freyja could hear a loud roar. She never heard it before, but she figured it was the ocean. The stories she read about the ocean said that the ocean made a loud roaring sound, and it tasted of salt. It was so large, that you couldn’t see the other side, and the waves were so huge that they could swallow you whole. It sounded frightening, but she was actually really excited. Then, the trees started to disperse, and she could see some small rocky cliffs.