Chapter Forty-Six

Start from the beginning

Was he talking about James?

"Did you think I wouldn't find out?" His voice made my chest vibrate.

He didn't look at me, and I didn't look at him. Our eyes were fixed on the TV that played some celebrity gossip show.

"About what?" I asked. Niall shifted his head, still not looking at me.

My heart was racing, and there was no doubt that he couldn't hear it.

"That you'd taken the last Oreos."

My hand slid out of his hair, and down to his right cheek the faced the ceiling, and caressed it.

Now I do recall taking a handful of Oreos when he went to the bathroom. I didn't think that was all of them though.

I looked down at the empty pack. Ha. Oops?

"Sorry." I said, adding a dry giggle.

In response, Niall rubbed medium circles in my back. I don't think he even cared about the Oreos. I think he was only trying to cheer me up.

Then there was a good 20minutes of quietness, until the front door opened.

"Hi, Mum." Niall said.

"Hi, Maura."

I couldn't see her until she flipped on the lights.

"Hi Nialler, Hello Rose." She smiled walking towards us, and retrieved the empty oreo pack, empty crisp bowl, and half empty cups of drinks.

She went in the kitchen, and came back with the bowl refilled with crisps, and the two glasses refilled.

"You had a good birthday, Rose?" She said after putting her keys on the rack by the door, and putting her purse on the couch next to ours.

"It was great."

"Oh, yeah? What did Niall do for ya?" She straightened the living room up a tad.

Before I could answer, Niall whined. "Go upstairs, Maaaa. Stop being so nosy."

She rolled her eyes, and slapped Niall in the bum. "Oh, stop being a sour puss."

I laughed, and Niall sighed noisily.

Then everyone's eyes shot to the TV when we heard mine and Niall's name.

"Is Rosaline Kendall and One Direction's band member Niall Horan breaking up? More after the broadcast..." Then it was commercial.

What bothered me is that it wasn't true. Not at all. And ontop of that, it even had a picture of me and Niall holding hands, Split down the middle into two.

"Damn press..." Maura said. "You guys hungry?"

Niall buried his head in my neck whispering incoherent things, and groaning.

She changed the channel, though I kind of wanted to see what they were gonna say about us.

"Muuuum. Go upstairs." Niall groaned against my neck.

I'd laugh if it wasn't one of these kind of days.

He sounded like a boy bringing a girl home for the first time with his embarrassing mother offering baby pictures. It's not like I haven't already seen the pictures, and in addition, I'm in some of them.

"Fine, Fine. Night." She said tossing the remote on the coffee table, flicking the light off, and walking upstairs.

Then Niall unhid his face, and looked up at me.

I pulled the covers up higher on his body.

I smiled.

Then he asked: "Are you tired?"