Chapter 16

Jerome's POV

{3 months later; 7:59 AM}

Ringing waves through my hearing, stirring me from my sleep. The familiar scent growing stronger in my atypical nose, realizing it was stuffed in Mitch's hair.

My alarm continued to go off and annoy me. Some how, Mitch is able to sleep through it.

Since we had shutters for our blinds, there wasn't much light running in the room to blind me. That's always a plus.

After a moment of rethinking what occurred in my dream like anybody else does, the musical alarm miffed me enough. With my torso twisting around and pointer finger swiping the screen of my phone to the pass code, it stops.

Returning back into the same position, my arm sneak back under the covers and embrace Mitch's chest, basically spooning him.

"Hey, Mitch." The words buzz into his ear, probably tickling it.

"Mmm?" He hums half awake.

"Guess what today is?" Still whispering.

"You better this right this time." His words scoff at me, referring to a few months ago.

"Our One-Year anniversary."

The reality made me so happy; I groggily laughed since I just woke up.

"It felt like the journey just started yesterday." Mitch copied my chuckle.

"It actually started on this same day exactly one year ago, Mitch." Embracing him tighter.

"Gee, thanks for letting me know. Because I totally didn't already know what One-Year anniversary meant."

Too tired to reply, my throat soundlessly hums. Just like every other morning, my head lifts up off it's side to see his eyes still closed and kiss his cheek which I know warms his heart.

"Happy One-Year anniversary, babe." I managed to speak louder, smiling against his cheek. The muscles in his cheek move up, indicating he was also smiling.

"Happy One-Year anniversary too, Biggums."

It seems like I only call Mitch 'Biggums' occasionally. It's more of his thing to call me that.

We lay in bed for a few minutes just to start waking up.

"Ready to get up?"

"Do we have to, Jerome?" He groaned, turning around and cuddling up to the crook up my neck whilst I still had my arm wrapped around him.

"Don't you want to get up and record now instead of later?"

"Can we just stay in bed all day and watch Netflix?"

He says this all the time at least twice a week.

"Tell you what; we can stay in bed-"

"Yay!"

"...and I'll record a quick vlog with my phone explaining everything. Might as well come out to our fans now."

"Oh. You sure you want to now?" Mitch asked me as he leaned up to look at me.

"Yeah. I think we're both ready now." I smile deeply into his eyes.

"Okay." He whispers, leaning in for a peck on the lips.

Mitch lays his head back down in the crook of my neck and I reach over to get my phone off the charger.

My finger slides up to the front facing camera and I pressed the start button for record.