Chapter 19

Jerome's POV

"Y-es. Yes, Jerome!" Mitch managed to choke out.

An heartening tear roll downs my cheek as I stand back up, with the probably biggest smile I've ever given him.

I take his hand away from his mouth and hold it out. Mitch instantly spread his fingers apart as he sniffles, wiping his face. The ring slides perfectly down his ring finger.

He brought it up closer to his face, examining it. If somebody asked me to explain how he looked, it would be impossible. All I know is that he looked beyond happy.

Unsuspectingly, his arms jump around my neck making me loose my balance and fall back on to the sand. This was too much of a serious moment to laugh about it.

My arms slither around his back to cradle him.

The tightness around my upper chest loosens. Mitchs hands clings on my face and presses our lips together. Both of us smiled strongly into the long but short kiss.

Once he pulled away, I noticed that his face calmed down and the redness faded.

"I love you so much." He used one of his hands to support him up. One of them stayed on the side of my face.

"I love you, too."

We kiss once more, this time really embracing it.

After he pulled away, I tried to sit up and he got the memo to get off me. He scooted off me and sat beside me as we both sat up with our knees up. The both of us brushed off some of the sand and then I wrapped my arm around his back.

His head leaned over and our heads pressed together as we admired the sunset.

It was an incredible moment.

----

(30 minutes later)

"I'm going to go take a shower to get all this sand off." Mitch said as soon as we walked into our hotel room.

I respond with an "Okay." and go to my laptop that was sitting on the bed. The bathroom door closes which meant Mitch was in there now.

Clicking onto the Google Chrome application, YouTube was one of the top suggested pages to go on so I click on it, since I was already going to, to check the feedback on my recent video like I always do.

Usual ratings and comments. My eyes begin to read some of them until I feel like phone buzz in my pocket so I take it out to see a Instagram nontification. "@ lachlanpower said: Congrats guys!! @jeromeaceti @ bajancanadian"

Just on instincts, I slide it over, tapping in my pass code in, and Instagram pops up to a picture of Mitch's hand with the ring I proposed with. "I said yes :) I love you so much and I can't wait to see what our feature holds <3 @ jeromeaceti" Mitch typed in the caption. I double tap it with a smile and noticed that the picture already had over 35,000 likes in just 30 minutes with a bunch of comments saying congratulations and all that.

My message ringtone went off and I see a text message from Mitch; "Come in the shower with me, it saves water ;)"

Chuckling, I type: "Oh so now you want to take a shower with me and not like before?" My thumb hits "send" and I get up to strip down naked.

My hand grips onto the bathroom door and I push down on it to open it. The sound of the water splashing grows louder in my ear.

Just to be secretive, I shut the door so a worker from the hotel doesn't walk in or whatever. I don't know. But I made sure Mitch knew I was in here.