Chapter 14

Mitch's POV

Jerome made a pouty face, "But Mitch." he complained stretching out "i". I take a bite out of the cereal ignoring his complaining.

"I'm hungry, babe." I tell him swallowing the food as he sat on the seat to my right.

He mumbled something, fumbling with his fingers.

"So, how was your trip anyway?"

"It was alright I suppose. Wish you came though." He responds focusing on me.

I continue to eat, but pause a few times to speak. "I would of came along if I had known."

"Mitch! I told you my dad just woke me up like some 8 year old telling me we're going to Disney."

"You're so sensitive." I joke.

"Yeah, wonder where I got that from huh?"

I chuckle, finishing up the cereal. "Finally...!" Jerome exclaimed getting off the chair and walking to the sink.

He turned around. "C'mom Mitch! Let's wash the bowl so we can make out!" He gestured at the sink.

Shaking my head and rolling my eyes in a playful manner, I get up and get ready to clean up the bowl.

Jerome crossed his arms, but then his phone went off. In the corner of my eye, I see him take it out.

"Who is it?" I ask him setting the bowl down to let it dry off.

"I don't know. Unknown caller ID?" He replies picking it up anyway. "Uh- hello?"

I don't know why, but I smiled a little and leaned back on the counter. Muffled sound leaves the phone.

"Yes this is." Jerome speaks to the unknown person. "Who is this again?"

Again, muffled sound. "Oh- hey! Sorry didn't know who this was." He takes a step away.

But looks back and mouths "apartment"? I'm assuming the guy he called last week about wanted to look around the apartments.

Jerome starts talking, but I just zone out. You know, those moments where you just keep her gaze on one thing and think about something deeply and don't even realize it?

The memory of the first day Jerome and I met flows through me. It was so awkward at first, but it was cute at the same time.

I remember the uncomfortable-ness of him staring at me for whatever reason. I haven't ask him why now that I think about it.

It's something funny to giggle at.

But what is even better, is that the guy is my boyfriend.

Jerome walks in my gaze suddenly making me snap out of it.

"The guy from the apartment called. He told me that he is available today so he can show us around." He says, making eye contact.

I nod my head slightly, not really even paying attention what he just told me.

My eyes go to his lips, which lifted up into a smirk the moment I focused on them. Jerome steps close to me.

His left hand laces around my neck and the other one on my shoulder and leans in.

Our lips brush against each other which my lips tickled. I licked my lips to itch them and kissed him.

He began to kiss back. My arms go around his neck and he lets the hand caressing my jaw fall out my waist, pulling us closer together.

We started to open mouth kiss. I felt my cheeks blush and mentally smile.

"WILL YOU BOTH EVER STOP?" Connor whines behind Jerome making the both of us jerk away and look at him. "Nope." I tell him before Jerome can responds.