Chapter 10

She's beautiful, her dreams are fascinating........ I should really go home to dad, I feel really bad that I had to compel him to not notice my absence, but it was for his own good. Jacob wanted answers to. I needed to think more about what Victoria wanted, why she was coming here plus her plans .

But nothing could move me right now. I was holding my mate in my arms while she dreamed, I couldn't be more happy.

......

"Morning, little mate" I whispered even I saw her waking up.

She blushed and looked away self continuous that I stayed with her.
"Morning"

I took her hand in mine moving my thumb in calming circles "are you angry with me?"

"Yes"

"Can I apologise?"

"You can try your best" her anger was coming back.

I flinched, took a deep breath and sighed "I know I'm a horrible mate for leaving you like that. This week when you needed me most. I have an explanation though. Would you listen?"

She sighed heavily then lied back down on my chest I blinked down in suprise but smiled when I herd her yawn "Give it your best shot"

"When I left you...I left to go feed.....Victoria was there, I couldn't let her see me. But she followed me....we ran a lot.....to Texas I think. She stopped then so I rang Jacob off a payphone to tell you I was at my mom's I knew Victoria was monitoring all your calls. I did go to my mom's though. Victoria hovered around the house but never came in, I waited until I knew she wasn't going to come back then I ran here. I just ran into Jacob at the cliff after swimming some distance."

"Oh" she breathed shocked.

"I'm sorry, there was nothing else I could do"

"Your making it really hard to stay angry at you right now" she whispered, her resolve dissolving.

"Then don't" I replied the same way hopeful.

She laughed "oh yeah?"

"Okay....Okay....." I hummed "How about I make it up to you?"

"Make it up to me?"

"Yup" I grin popping the 'p'.

"Okay.......how?"

"Its a surprise" I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Okayyy?" She's hesitant I font blame her.

Grinning I stand up excited now "Get up and ready I'll be back in an hour!"

"What, dressed in what?"

"Clothes"

"Ha ha ha"

I laugh "normal everyday clothes"

I lean over to her close enjoying the way her breathing hitches and heart pounds "later, little mate"
I don't kiss her lips, and I smile at the disappointment she feels and kiss her forehead......lingering. Then speed out the window.

.........

Everything is ready! I'm so excited! This is going to be our first date and I'm going to make it as cheesy and Leah as possible. I already told Jacob to tell Sam I was taking Leah to Seattle to go shopping.

Getting into my truck I make my way to her house. I was nervous as fuck, deep breaths.

I knocked on her door, ready and stood there with a single rose in my hand.......a rainbow rose.