Fan-freaking-tastic.

Quickly, I tried to wipe the stain away but knew it was no use. I’d have to just throw this shirt away. A thirty dollar blouse down the toilet all thanks to Chance Burke.

Glaring, I looked back up at Chance, who was looking at me with an indecipherable expression.

“What?” I snapped.

Chance shrugged. “I’ll tell my dad that I made you spill his coffee. He won’t yell at you then.”

With that, he turned around and walked away. Everything about Chance infuriated, yet confused me.

 I thought he hated me. So why did he just save me ass from explaining to Robert why I didn’t get him coffee?

Yep, Chance Burke definitely had split personalities.

And now, on top of everything else, I had to go organize a freaking file cabinet.

~

It was now seven o’clock and everyone had already left the office for the night. Everyone except me because I was forced to file Chance’s crap. The asshole himself had left an hour ago and told me that he left his office open.

After the coffee incident, my day had been pretty uneventful. I’d copied some papers and typed a couple of emails, but nothing other than that.

Right now, I was currently walking down the hall towards Chance’s office. I’d learned from Judy that the office was off in its own secluded area, far away from all the other offices.

As I came to the end of the hallway, I stopped in front of the daunting mahogany door. The gold placard on it read Chance Burke.

Hesitantly, I opened the door and gasped. His office was huge—even bigger than his father’s.

Holy shit, you could fit a zoo in here, I thought

A dark brown, almost black desk with a fancy computer on it sat in the middle of the room. Mounted on the wall to the right of his desk were multiple flat screen TVs.

And, in the corner of the room, slightly obscured by a door that had been left open, was a hanging punching bag.

My brow furrowed. That was odd. But, I guess when you owned the company, you could have anything you want in your office.

Chance also had a plush couch and chairs set up along with an Xbox by one of his TVs.

I wondered how he got any work done in here.

Shaking my head, I located his filing cabinet  and went over to it. Putting my hair up in a messy bun so it wouldn’t get in the way, I sat down and got to work.

I groaned at the sight that greeted me as I opened the top drawer. Most of the things in his files were all generic. Documents, tax receipts, and faxes. Chance was right when he said he needed to rearrange his filing cabinet. The thing was a disaster.

Resisting the urge to scream in frustration, I started my task.

~

The clock was nearing eleven and I was on my last file. Finally relieved to be finished I went to put the last folder away, but stopped when something fell out of the file.

Now, I’m normally not a nosy person but I couln’t help but sneak a peak at what fell out.

It looked to be a receipt of some kind. Except, it looked completely different from the previous receipts.  I read further into it, but stopped when I came across the word ‘Platinum’.

What the hell was Platinum?

Intrigued, I continued to read the paper and my eyes widened when I came to a number. Someone had bought 12,250,000 dollars of ‘Platinum’ from Chance.

At first I thought of platinum, as in the metal, but as I continued reading, my theory proved wrong.   The ‘Platinum’ on the receipt was measured in kilos, not ounces like the metal usually was.

So now, the only question was-what was platinum? And, who the hell bought twelve million dollars worth of it? Scanning the receipt further I noticed that there was no Burke Industries seal on the paper. So, that made this Chance’s personal sale.

None of this added up.

I needed to look further.

I started to look deeper and dig into the file that the receipt came out of. But suddenly I heard footsteps outside the door. Quickly, I shoved the file back into the cabinet and closed it before sliding under Chance’s desk.

All the employees had left for the night and Chance said he wouldn’t be back until tomorrow. That meant that whoever was at the door, wasn’t supposed to be there.

Shit.

***********************

As always, thanks for reading! I hope you all liked this chapter and make sure to vote/comment!!

-Katherine