Chapter 1

Shout out to @Enjoying_life for being my first follower, voter, and person to comment on one of my stories even though I deleted it, it still means a lot to me. So thank you for the support I greatly appreciate it(:

This is my first story and I spent three days writing the first chapter. I plan to update every week or sooner. Feel free to send me any banners, comment, or vote for my story(: I hope you guys like it!!!

"Maybe God has a bigger plan for me than I had for myself. Like this journey never ends. Like you were sent to me because I'm sick. To help me through all this. You're my angel."-A Walk to Remember

Leo

Everyday I walk down this street, seeing different faces flowing down the sidewalk. Many flashes of varied colors and shapes of the people filled my head that would only stay for a few seconds and disappear forever. It was fascinating to think that all these people have individual stories, personalities, and families I would never know about. Instead, I would only remember a fraction of the billions of people in this world.

It was upsetting to think about how big this world of people was compared to me. I was a spec in a huge wave of discrete human beings. Only a few were remembered worldwide but if I died right here, right now, none of these people would remember me. My death would affect no one but my friends and family who would eventually die, causing my existence to eventually disappear.

But I guess that was the purpose of life. It was an experience that humans had to make the most of for our own sake. To actually give ourselves a cause, a reason to be alive. If you didn't enjoy the life you lived then what would be the whole point? You don't get second chances and once you're gone the world would still continue without you.

I became overwhelmed trying to figure out the universe and it's purpose. I always had this debate going on in my head as I took my daily walk. It became a life motto for me that I didn't live forever so I needed to do everything I could to enjoy my stay here on Earth.

The only problem was I wasn't happy at all. I had moved away from all my family and friends in California. I lived by myself and spent four nights a week going out with the guys since I became 21. It was a continuous cycle of doing the same thing over and over again. Getting drunk at the club, waking up with a new girl almost everyday to help avoid the loneliness, taking a day to recover, and starting all over again.

I considered moving back to California to spend time with my father who had recently been diagnosed with cancer but all I would do is bring back disappointment. I was 23 who spent every night getting drunk and laid. I played professional basketball until I snapped my leg in half after landing a dunk during a game. Ever since I had been scarred and too terrified to play again.

My father never even improved of basketball as a career and thought I should've chosen the career path of a corporate lawyer.He knew I would eventually get too old to play basketball but corporate lawyers didn't have an age limit. He became a corporate lawyer at my age which made him become a millionaire and believe that I had to follow him in his foot steps. The issue was such a big deal to him that he never came to any of my basketball games and even stopped calling me once I broke my leg, proving his opinion right.

I got angry thinking about how my father could dump his own son and continued walking down Wall Street seeing unfamiliar faces wearing the same old suits and clothes until someone stood out to me. It was a girl with dark brown hair down to her waist who was wearing a very elegant and formal white dress that had lace on the top. It was so long that it reached past her ankles and was brown at the bottom from being dragged against the dirty New York sidewalk. All I could see on her face was black makeup running down her cheeks that was obviously caused by her tears. She looked like a mess and you could tell she was having an emotional breakdown.