Chapter 6

Ashley paced back and forth as she played with her clothing. She was wearing a bright red dress, the color of a rose. The top dipped into a V shape, and each side of the opening was ruffled slightly. The dress had a big black bow that wrapped around her waist. The dress ended just above her knees. She wore a black shawl over it. The sleeves ended a few inches before her wrists. The back rested about her butt, and was longer in the front. Finally, Tiffany had made her wear a pair of black heeled boots. They scrunched slightly near the bottom, and went up to just below her knees. Tiffany had forced her to walk in them until she wasn't a wobbling mess. Then, with a "go knock him dead" and a hug, Ashley had left for their date. She was now waiting outside of Merlotte's for Richie. There was another good ten minutes before he said to show up. But Ashley hadn't want to arrive and have him be sitting there waiting. She was afraid that she'd end up getting so nervous that she'd trip and injure herself. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw headlights, and a door slamming shut. Richie.. Sure enough, there he was. He greeted her with a smile as he wrapped his strong arms around her; hugging her close. Never before had she wanted to stay in a mans embrace so badly. Once separated, Richie looked her over. Part of him thought she looked fantastic, simply gorgeous in the moonlight. But he knew she didn't like dressing the way she was. He chuckled to himself in his mind. God did he love this woman... 

 "I thought you weren't comfortable dressing up?" He slipped his hands into his front jeans pockets. "I told you to be comfortable." Ashley shrugged. 

 "I wanted to look nice for you." She smiled. "I've never had anyone to look nice for." She licked her lips and lowered her head as she felt her cheeks reddening. He smiled; he loved the way she'd try to hide her face when she got embarrassed. His gaze dropped with hers, and his brow furrowed as he noticed the heeled boots. 

 "You could've atleast worn comfy shoes." Ashley shrugged; sighing. Their eyes met once again as they both raised their heads. 

 "Tiffany said they went with the outfit." They shared a laugh as Richie then reached for her hand, and laced their fingers before guiding her inside. 

     Richie and Ashley laughed as they walked out of Merlotte's. Fingers laced, and arms linked. They stopped on the pavement; facing each other. 

 "I had a really great time Richie." They exchanged smiles. 

 "Yeah.. yeah me too." He stared into her eyes briefly before he placed hand on her side, pulling her smaller body closer to his, and the other on the side of her face. Richie then leaned down the short distance, thanks to her heels, and kissed her passionately. Ashley's heart began to race. His lips were just as she imagined; soft, warm, gentle. She bit her lower lip once they separated. 

 "I have a secret." She whispered. His brow furrowed. "That's why I wore the heels." He chuckled softly, laughing with her as they stood in each others embrace. 

 "Well if you don't wanna wear heels, I'm fine with moving the extra mile." Her mouth dropped as he laughed. 

 "You're so mean!" Ashley said with laugh as she play slapped his arm. His arms tightened around her. 

 "I could always pick you up though." With that, Richie picked Ashley up in one fell swoop, and spun her around before kissing her passionately. Ashley buried her fingers in the hair on the back of his head. Before she knew it, Richie had carried her to his car. Their kiss never wavered. Her mind was spinning. How could one mans lips be so intoxicating? Finally, Richie placed Ashley in the passenger seat. He gave her a final deep kiss, before he climbed into the driver's seat. Ashley couldn't stop smiling as she touched her lips with her fingertips. They were tingling from his passionate assault. He smiled over at her as he put his car into drive.  

      As he drove, Richie grabbed Ashley's hand from her lap, lacing his fingers through hers. Ashley smiled as she brought their hands up to her lips; kissing the top of his large hand. His eyes met hers briefly. Smiling, he brought their hands to his lips, and repeated her gesture. Their hands finally came to rest on his thigh. Her heart was beating a million miles a minute. Her mind wandered.. Thinking about his lips on her skin.. His large hands caressing her most intimate places.. Richie's bare body above hers.. She could feel her cheeks reddening as Richie's voice snapped her back to reality. 

"Alright.. here we are." He said as he turned off his car. There was a sadness in his eyes. Richie didn't want her to leave, anymore than she did. She hadn't even left yet, and Ashley already wanted to see him again. They both exited his car, and stood in front of the headlights. 

 "I want to do this again." Ashley said as she turned to face the much broader man. Richie slid his fingers through hers, and snaked his arms around her waist. His huge hands rested on her lower back. Richie held her smaller body against his. Ashley placed her hands on his upper arms. 

 "Me too." One of his hands slid up to rest between her shoulder blades. Richie wanted her. He wanted her bad. But Ashley was still a virgin, and he wanted her first time to be perfect. He wanted her to be able to look back on their first night, and not regret it for a second. Richie felt honored to be considered for her first time. It was not an opportunity that he took lightly. She had been very open with him about it. He smiled before looking down at his girl. "I want you to come to my house on Friday. I have the whole date planned.." Richie ran his teeth over his lower lip; smiling. "I'll pick you up at eight." Ashley felt excited. They met for a passionate kiss. 

 "I'll be ready.. I can't wait."