Chapter 2

Ashley breathed a sigh of relief as she changed back into her regular clothes. She followed Richie over to the stage; passing by Tiffany, Mike and Dallas. Mike and Dallas were counting their profits on one of the tables. Richie leaned against the front of the stage, before he pushed himself up with his arms. He now sat on top of the stage. Ashley stood a few feet away; awkwardly looking around with her arms over her chest. Richie gestured for her to come closer with his hands; smiling. As soon as Ashley was close enough, he picked her up and placed her on the stage beside him. He made sure she sat close. Her ears reddened slightly as his thigh became pressed to hers.

"So... Why'd you let her make you wear the dress?" Ashley's brow furrowed. 

"I thought I already answered that." He shrugged. They shared smiles. She sighed before answering. "I don't know... According to her I need to 'get out more'." 

"So she took you... to a strip club?" He asked with small laugh; incredulous. Ashley nodded; laughing. "Sounds like the Tiffany I know." 

"Yeah, that's Tiffany. She's the wild and crazy one, and I'm... not." Great... bore him to death why don't ya? 

"How's that?"

"Well... She likes to go out all the time, and go to clubs and such.." Ashley sighed. Well this was great while it lasted.. "And I'd rather stay at home, curled up in my bed and read a book. Or watch a movie. Stuff along those lines..." She looked over at him; his eyes were locked on her. "I'm kind of a bore huh?" Richie chuckled softly. 

"Nah... You sound like the kind of person worth getting to know." Ashley felt her cheeks redden as she lowered her gaze. His eyes were as kind as his words. Did he just say he wants to know me?! Her heart was racing in her chest. Surely a man like him couldn't be interested in a girl like her... Could he? Richie placed his hand on her thigh; she could feel his fingers caressing her skin through her jeans. All of the nerves in her body were instantly set ablaze. Just as Ashley was about to speak, Tiffany called her over. Ashley widened her eyes in anger at her friend, before she smiled back at Richie. 

"I'll be right back.." She said as she reluctantly got off the stage. Ashley took in a breath as she felt his hands close around her sides; helping her down. She gave a quick "thank you" before she walked over to Tiffany. "What the hell are you doing?!" Ashley whispered harshly. "He's actually talking to me-" 

"You're welcome." Tiffany said as she held out a folded piece of paper. She smiled wickedly as she watched Ashley open the piece of paper. Her eyebrows lifted. 

"I know my own phone number thank you." Ashley said sarcastically as she folded it back up. Tiffany gave her friend an "are you fucking kidding me?" look. 

"Seriously Ash?" She shrugged as Tiffany sighed. "It's for you, well... for him technically." She continued as her friend continued to be clueless. "Slip it into the waist of his pants." 

"Why the hell would I do that when I can just.. hand it to him?" Tiffany gave an exasperated sigh. She loved Ashley to death, but she could be clueless when it came to men.