Chapter 4

Ashley dried her body off with a towel, and quickly rubbed the towel over her damp hair. She smiled as she opened her cell phone; she had just received a text. Richie. 

Morning pretty lady :) u awake?

Ashley bit her lower lip as she tried to hold back a smile. She could hear his voice saying those words. 

Morning urself handsome :)

Message Sent Butterflies filled her stomach. Something about this man made her feel alive, made her feel loved in more ways that she thought possible. Something about him made her feel special. She shook her head. It was all probably too good to be true. She began putting her clothes on when her cell phone started ringing. Richie appeared on the flashing screen. Ashley looked down at her barely clothed body. 

"Shit!" She whispered before quickly pulling on the rest of her clothes. Ashley then let out a breath before answering. "H-" Richie cut Ashley off before she could get a word out. 

"So... When am I seeing you again?" She smiled; letting out a laugh of disbelief. She could tell that he meant what he said by the tone of his voice. 

"I don't know... When do you wanna see me again?" He responded without a second thought. 

"Tonight would be nice, but..." She heard him let out a breath through his nostrils. "I'm working." 

"Yeah... No.. When else?" She finished with a small laugh. He chuckled softly. He was silent for a second before answering. 

"Depends." Ashley furrowed her brow. 

"Depends on what?" 

"... What you want out of this relationship." Ashley opened her mouth silently; at a loss for words. What did she want? She wanted him, Richie. All of him. In every way. Her cheeks reddened at the thought of his reaction. Thankfully he had decided to elaborate. "Cuz if you just wanna be friends then... Maybe I'll see you at a barbecue or somethin' at Mike's... And, we'll leave it at that..." Ashley's heart sank in her chest; that was the last thing she wanted. "But, I wouldn't like that." Neither would I... She thought. He sighed once again through his nostrils. "But... If you wanna be my girl, I'd be happy to take you to dinner Friday." Ashley's mouth dropped, her heart was beating a mile a minute. A date.. He wanted to take her out on a date!! He could have any girl, and he was choosing her. She was in total shock. Being so silent he probably thought she didn't like him... Richie's brow furrowed. "Hellooo?" Fudge nuts! Of course she wanted to go out with him! She was falling head over heels for him and they had just met. He continued. "You know what, don't even give me an answer. If you want to, meet me at Merlotte's on Friday at seven." Ashley grabbed a pen and paper and wrote that down as quickly as she could. "Wear whatever you're comfortable in." For a second Ashley almost forgot how to breath. "If not, we'll be phone friends... I guess..." She could hear the sadness in his voice. He didn't want to be just friends as much as her. God if this is a dream I never wanna wake up... Ashley opened her mouth; wanting to say something, but not knowing what to say. He must think I'm a terrible person... "Have a fantastic day Ash, and don't worry about what I think of you because... After the three or.. four days of hours and hours of talking, I think I pretty much know you're personality. All of the little... quirks that I've come to love about you." She could hear the smile in his voice; it made her heart flutter. Something told her that he already knew what she was going to do. That made her love him all the more.