Chapter 5

It was Friday afternoon. In a few hours Ashley would be meeting Richie at Merlotte's, and she still had nothing to wear. He had told her to dress comfortably but she wanted to dress nicely for him. Richie was worth it. She would do everything and anything for him. So Ashley decided to call her best friend. The girl had enough fashion sense for them both. 

 "Heyy chicky." Tiffany answered with a smile. "What's up?" Ashley was pacing in her bedroom; her nerves were driving her crazy. 

 "I need your help..." 

 "Oh?" Mike looked over at his girlfriend; he was sitting on the edge of their bed. His brow furrowed as he stood and removed his pants; putting on a pair of sweats. Tiffany bit her lower lip as she watched him. Damn why did Ashley have to call now?.. "With?" 

 "Richie-" 

 "Oh my God did he ask you out?!" Mike chuckled softly as his girlfriend's excitement. Ashley smiled; her cheeks reddening slightly. She was like a schoolgirl with her first crush. 

 "Yeah." 

 "When?" 

 "Seven tonight." Tiffany looked at the clock on the bedside table; she had plenty of time to help her friend. 

 "No time to waste chica, get your ass over here now." 

 "I'm on my way." 

     Ashley stood with her arms crossed over her chest as she watched her best friend search through her closet. Tiffany kept picking up dresses, holding them in front of her towards Ashley, shaking her head, and placing it back. This had been going on for several hours and Ashley was getting really tired of it. 

 "If you don't hurry up I'm just gonna go home and put on something I want." Tiffany looked back at her friend; glaring. 

 "Ohh no you're not, over my dead body." Mike, who had been leaning in the doorway, chuckled softly. "You're not helping Michael." He chuckled some more, shaking his head. 

 "I'm sorry, it's just that.." He crossed his arms over his chest. "You know Richie doesn't give a fuck what she's wearing right? He just wants to tap that shit." Ashley turned her head as she felt her cheeks reddening. Tiffany sighed angrily as she stole a glance at him, before continuing with her task. Mike sighed as he walked towards his girlfriend. "Babe.." He placed his hands on her arms; causing her to face him. "We're guys.. I don't give a fuck what you wear." Tiffany lifted her brow skeptically. 

"Oh really?" He nodded. Tiffany then quickly reached into her closet. "So this.." She said as she held up a long, elegant red dress. The slight higher cut in the front, and V neck shaped topped did little for displaying much skin in a tantalizing way. "Doesn't turn you on less than this.." This time, Tiffany held up a dark purple tube top, and a pair of white short shorts. "When I wear it?" Mike just stood before her, silent. So instead of admitting she was right, he opened and closed his mouth silently before leaving the room. Tiffany laughed to herself triumphantly. "Men.." Her eyes lit up suddenly. "Ohhh my goodness." Ashley's brow furrowed. 

 "What?" 

 "This is perfect!"