Chapter 16

I woke up the next morning, smiling at Alice.

“What time is it?”

I sat up, looking around, as I spoke.

“10:30.”

I got dressed, and we went downstairs. Everyone was sitting in the living. They smiled when they saw us. Everyone wanted to know what happened, so we sat down and Alice started to tell everyone.

“I went for a walk, but I didn’t go that far from the house. I heard a twig snap behind me, I turned to see them. He asked me about Bella, and she just stood there leaning against a tree watching him. He said that if he couldn’t have me no one could. I knew he was going to try something. He did, and well, you know the rest. When we go to London, they went with Greg and Emma. That’s when I started trying to send Bella those images. Everywhere we went, I was trying to send them.”

I took her hand, squeezing it.

“I got them the entire time, I just didn’t understand them. It wasn’t until Carlisle explained it that I understood. Plus, it was Rosalie who figured out where to go.”

We talked for a little while, which mainly consisted of Esme fussing over us, before going out. We stood outside, at the back of the house. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and she put her head on my shoulder.

“I love you.”

I looked at Alice, kissing her, I leaned my head against hers before answering her.

“I love you to.”

After all we’d been through I knew this was where I was meant to stay, and I’d never been happier.

“Bella?”

I looked at her, smiling.

“What is it, pixie?”

I heard Emmett laugh.

“Try it and see.”

I looked at her confused.

“Emmett finds that funny and is planning on trying it. Again”

That made me laugh. He knew what would happen.

“Anyway, where’s Rosalie?”

Alice took my hand, and we walked back upstairs.

“Here I am. Is everything OK?

I jumped, turning to look at Rosalie. She was standing behind me, smiling.

“Yeah. I was just wondering where you were.”

We went into Rosalie’s room, sitting down. We were both sitting on either side of Alice.

“Bella said you figured out where to look?”

I knew she was just trying to make conversation, so we smiled and joined in the conversation.

“Of course, I remembered you telling me about it, when you would tell me about Paris. But, it was Bella who figured out that we had to go to Paris, after Lizzie and Tori mentioned it.”

I smiled, taking Alice’s hand.

“I’d been seeing them the whole time, I just didn’t understand it. Carlisle explained it to me when we reached Paris. Although, not before someone nearly ripped her brothers head off.”

Rosalie laughed, looking at me.

“Well, no-one gets between me and my sisters. Or the rest of my family for that matter.”