Chapter 39-last trip

Molly's POV
Ever since our miscarriage scare last week, Chris has been treating me as if I'm incompetent. He barely lets me walk to the kitchen to get a glass of water, he insists on doing everything. It's sweet though, seeing how much Chris cares for mine and the baby's health. I know he's going to be a great father.

My parents left last night to go back home, after I had the best baby shower. I got so many pink onesies I can barely count. It really made things real for me. Seeing the newly baby pink painted walls, crib and changing table in the nursery it hit me that I'm going to be a mother. I'm going to be responsible for another person. Crazy.

I never in a million years imagined I would be pregnant and engaged to the man of my dreams at 19. Guess it's true what they say about how some things turn out how you least expected it. But I was happy, the happiest I've ever been and that's all that matters.

Chris' POV
After the health scare, we had last week, I realized how lost I would be without Molly and our child. So, I decided to do something special for Molly. I'm going to take her on a trip to show her how much I love her. Sort of like, our last trip before kids. Molly's almost 6 months pregnant now, and can't fly, so I'm going to take her on a road trip through California. We will eat at the nicest restaurants, camp out beneath the stars and forget about all the shit that we'll have to come back to.

I haven't told Molly yet, but I got a casting call from a director who wants me to star alongside Brad Pitt in his next movie, which would be a huge opportunity for me. The only thing is, I'd have to leave for Hawaii in a couple of weeks to begin filming. And I don't think I'm prepared to leave Molly and our baby, and I don't want my child to grow up in hotels in every different continent, because of me. I used to love my job; travelling the world while doing what I love, but now it's become a burden I don't care where I am in the world anymore, as long as I'm with those who I love.