Chapter 8-the truth

The night was amazing. We slow danced along with the violinists, and the dinner was fantastic.

The sky was dark, all but a few stars that twinkled above us. I felt like I was in some sort of fairytale.

Later, Chris took my hand and led me to a gazebo that was also beautifully decorated with fairy lights and flower petals.

"Wow Chris, this is too much" I said.

"Molly..." He began, and I could sense his nervousness, which all of a sudden made me nervous.

"I have something I want to ask you, I-I would love it if yo-you..." He stuttered.

I put my hand on his knee and gave him a comforting smile signalling for him to continue. He swallowed hard before continuing, "I would love it if you would want to be my girlfriend?"

~

Chris' POV

There I said it. I finally asked her.

All night I was anxious for this moment.

My nerves suddenly increase, upon realizing she hasn't yet answered... Maybe she doesn't see us settling down and dating...

Ugh what have I done, I think to myself, and just then Molly half shouts "yes! Yes! Of course Chris, I'd love to!" She beams.

I pull her close and kiss her with more passion than I have ever felt in my lifetime. It was a beautiful moment.

Standing in the gazebo, looking out at the lake under the starry night sky. If I could stay in this moment forever I would.

Holding Molly in my arms felt natural, it felt like it was meant to be. I know this sounds cliche, but you know how they say you just know when you've found your soulmate? Well I think I've found mine.

~

Molly's POV

I couldn't be happier.

Although, when Chris asked me to be his girlfriend, I hesitated.

Not because I don't feel the same way for Chris-because I do.

I can see myself spending everyday with this man for the rest of my life, his face being the last thing I see before I fall asleep and, the first thing I see when I wake up.

I just couldn't help but remember that I lied.. I lied to Chris.

In my defence, I never imagined things would get this serious. But now that they have, I don't know what to do.

Chris notices this and places his soft hand on my cheek, "Molly?" He asks worried "-is everything okay?"

"Umm yeah fine,everything's fine" I say, not even convincing myself.

"Babe, your my girlfriend you know you can tell me anything right?" Looking into Chris' gorgeous blue eyes I knew I had to tell him the truth, I knew I couldn't continue to lie to him. I just hope he can forgive me.

"Umm Chris.." I began, "I need to tell you something."