Chapter 7 part 2

Chapter 7 part 2

Thomas P.O.V.

           A loud shriek interrupts me, and next thing I know, Chuck is slamming Newt's head against the floor viciously.

           I run up to pull Chuck off of Newt, and Chuck vigorously kicks me in the gut, causing me to fall back, slamming my head on the floor. I squeal in pain, and black dots starts forming in the corners of my eyes. I shake them out as best as I could, and stand up, and my mind starts swirling.

         "Tommy! Help me!" Newt cries out, trying to fight off the surprisingly strong Chuck. "Get him off of me Tommy! He's going to kill me!" He screams, sending shivers down my spine.

          I attempt to move, but I can't, I'm immobilized. I want to save Newt, but I can't kill Chuck neither. I have no fucking clue what to do!

         "Tommy don't just stand there!" Newt says out of breath while trying to pry Chuck off of him.

          "I...I..." I stutter.

          "Tom-" Chuck tightly grasps Newt's neck, choking the words out of him. "Please," Newt utters.

          I slump to the ground in anguish, uncertain of what to do. "Chuck stop!" I scream, as tears flow from my eyes, blurring my vision. He doesn't stop, he goes tighter. I hear Newt gasping for air, kicking his arms and I can tell his arms are going limp. I cry harder and start rocking myself back and forth. I can't kill him again.

         I wipe the tears from my eyes, and stand up ready to help, but I'm too late. Teresa gets there first and slices Chuck's throat. Blood squirts all over and Chuck removes his hands off of Newt's throat and places them upon his own throat and falls to the ground. He attempts of mumble something undecipherable, and starts to make gurgling noises. I slowly walk up to him, fazed by all of this, as if it's a dream. I sink to the ground and place my hands upon Chuck's hands, "I'm sorry friend." I remove his hands and dig my finger dig into his sliced throat, fracturing his larynx, ending his life. I watch as his gurgling stop, his eyes roll and his limbs go limp. I blink, saddened by what I've done and let the tears stream out. "I couldn't let you suffer like this Chuck." I close his eyelids. "I love you," I finally tell him as I focus on the others in the room. "Newt-Listen-I-"

             "Yeah, you bloody almost let me die because you froze," he says angrily. He lowers his voice, "And I understand."

               I nod my head awkwardly and look over at Teresa, who doesn't seem a bit fazed by all of this. "Thomas," she begins.

             "Yeah, I know. You had to kill him, but that doesn't excuse you from killing Brenda." The rage replenishes my sadness. "Were you on some type of psychotic, jealous rage and killed the girl I loved?!" I scream.

             Her face contorts to a vicious expression, "You actually think I would do something like that?!" she spits out at me. "Maybe before you accuse me of doing something like this, maybe you should figure out who you truly love!"

            My face turns a crimson red, "I did, and you killed her!"

          "No you didn't," Teresa fires back at me. "And that's not her!"

          I get ready to scream at her, but then comprehend what she just told me, "What do you mean that's not her?" My brow raises.

         Teresa walks over to Brenda, I'm hesitant at first, but I let her proceed. "Come closer Thomas," she tells me and I do as she says. She lifts up her right up and begins to peel her skin off with the same sharp instrument she used to kill Chuck. She peels her skin from her arm, up to her face. At first I cover my face, daunted from what I think will appear and soon open them to discover no blood, but metal. "This is a mechanical doppelgänger of Brenda, that tried to attack me."