-author's note please read!-

the year is 1994. philip lester has been brought up with the most religious of ideals, in a highly christian household. he attends church every sunday, says grace at the dinner table nightly, prays as often as possible, and wouldn't ever dream of disobeying his parents.

that is, until, he meets dan howell, his polar opposite.

hello !!

wow i am really getting into writing stuff at the moment, and it is p exciting.

i just thought i'd write this thing to give you a brief idea of what this one will be about and just to clarify a few things.

firstly, i think that i was inspired to write this one after the recent legalisation of gay marriage in all 50 states, (oot oot), in addition to the genius that is 'polarize' by twenty one pilots - a song about balancing good and bad.

as an atheist, i find the religious hatred towards equality extremely interesting and ultimately, ridiculous. to me, it simply doesn't make sense to not allow people to love each other irrespective of gender, and i will be happy to stick by this belief of mine. however, i am fully aware that it is only a tiny lil minority of people who follow religion that think in this way, and i sincerely hope that this is clear. i do not have a problem at all with people of faith. infact, i would encourage people to pursue what makes them happy, and i do not intend to portray the innocent in a bad light. i hope that this makes sense!!! 

in other words, please do not be offended, and i hope you enjoy.

ooh !! i almost forgot !! a massive massive thank you to my best bud @namjinned for helping me to check through everything and in general just being a whole big bunch of great. you should really check her out because her writing is beyond amazing.

quick extra generic disclaimer: this is entirely fictional, as far as i am aware none of these events have happened and i am not suggesting that they will, triggers are mentioned in chapters, cool. also lowercase is intentional !

see you !